Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii!!!

Holy crap. Holy crap. Holy crap.





Both Adrian and I have never been on a REAL vacation before. By real, I mean somewhere far far away where it's all about having fun and relaxing. Thankfully, our relationship, in my eyes, is perfection. We're both into exercising and fitness. I'm grateful that out of the two of us, he's the speedy one that actually places and wins races. I benefit because he qualified for Xterra Worlds in Maui, Hawaii in October. Bingo for the girlfriend!!





He loves, loves, loves the Xterra races. He's truly my off road guy. Loves mountain biking and he does incredibly well at the races. Here's my bragging portion :) He's won 12 hour events, he's placed 1st in his age group numerous times from 12 hour race to marathon distance (60 miles off road.. not sure why they call it marathon, when a marathon is 26.2 running) to 24 hour races. Yes, my idiot boyfriend rides his mountain bike on the same loop over and over and over. The race is to see which guy can do the most loop in a 24 hour period. If the laps are tied, it goes to the fastest rider. Crazy huh?? What's crazier is that supporting this crazy kind of race, is quite exhausting too :) Xterra is his first love. Two years ago, he started out doing really well in them, and then his father got cancer. Last year, he literally had to put his entire life on hold to move in with him and take care of him. His father passed last September. At the beginning of this year, it was all out Xterra. This was my honey's year to shine. He's got the best coach in town, Brandon Marsh, and together, they've gone leaps and bounds.





Xterra Regionals ended on the same weekend as my Ironman, which is why he couldn't come out to support me in CdA. There were 8 states showing at this race, and even international competition there. He placed 1st in his age group, 14th overall, including all the pro's. In order to qualify for Nationals, it's point based, and with the Xterra events he participates in, we knew Nationals was going to be a cinch. What we weren't expecting was the World's Qualification. Because he won his age group at National's, it guaranteed him a spot to World's. This is like qualifying for Kona on the Ironman scale. This is the cream of the crop.





Race is on Oct. 25th. Kona Ironman is on Oct 10. ARGH!! If it were only the week before or after, we could have swung to take an extra long vacation and spectate, but the two week gap is too much :( I booked tickets today :) Yes, with his credit card, hehehe. I just recently found something for me to do the day before!!



Oh yeah!! There's a 5k and 10k trail race the day before!! I'm signing up! What better way to enjoy beautiful Hawaii than a trail race :) Woo hoo!!

More to come on the trip of our lifetime.. just needed to vent some of my excitement!!!

Any suggestions on places to eat, things to do, things to see will be grately appreciated!! Only request from the boyfriend is he wants to swim with the dolphins :)

No comments: