Monday, April 20, 2009

Workout Update and Weekend Happiness :)

Tues - April 14th, made it to spin and core.

Wed - April 15th - ran a little over 6, got to run with Maggie, yay! then made it to swim class. Sabrina and I raced each other when everyone was done and we swam a 1:43 for 100 meters :) I love gauging our swimming progress. Good class. I'm no longer being threatened by the covering of the swimming pool. 1 - because they aren't covering it anymore, 2 - most importantly, I'm finally fast enough to complete the T1 workouts :)

Thur - April 16th - Spin and core again, good job, Me. VERY hard class for me.

Fri - April 17th - Planned to swim at BS, but the weather was ugly so I had a day off.

Sat - April 18th - Ran with Katy for 21 miles. We did a Rogue course and there were plenty of hills to keep it interesting. We did our own water stops and had a great time getting to know each other.

Sun - April 19th - 90.17 mile bike. Longest bike of my life. 1:00 hour run. No time splits. I had a Garmin, but didnt' want to stress myself out with pace, so just ran based on time. I was pretty exhausted by that time. I still have the most fun running. It took about 20 minutes before I was in my comfort zone and my legs were fine :) Tired and sore, but I've got the mental capacity to fight anything on the run. It's my happy place :) I could have run longer if I needed to. Thanks to Blythe for giving me a no frills running route. Last time I ran from Kiker I went right, and into the neighborhoods to get lost. I like the out/back on La Crosse way better!!! Big thanks to Katy, and Erin and the rest of the girls that were cheering me on as I went out for my run.

Lessons Learned This Week: One of my friends said, "Quality over Quantity". I think I'm going to take this to heart and use this for the rest of the training. I've been pretty paranoid the closer CdA gets with getting all my workouts in. I do the same thing over and over, unless work makes me miss. Mon/Wed, I run, then swim. Tues/Thur, I core then spin, and sometimes run. Friday, I swim long, then Sat, bike long, Sunday run long. This week, having kept to my routine, I noticed I was half assing the spin classes. This is where I need the most work. I'm going to start cutting back on doing these, and instead, use the one that I go to and really do them right. Hit all the cadences, and keep up with the coaching. No more stopping, easier shifting or slower cadences.

Despite my hatred for the tough weather conditions, some little bird keeps telling me that there's NO way CdA weather could be worse than what we've been experiencing. I need to keep to my positive mantras and keep plugging along. Sunday was a great day. I might have made one too many stops, but will resolve that with next weekends 100 miler. I will also embrace whatever conditions are thrown at me and conquer :)

Big thanks to all the T3'ers that cheer me on. Seems to be that I have a pretty big cheering crowd and I love it!

Pre-week post. Monday, April 20th. Spent almost the ENTIRE day at work tracking Boston peeps, updating and commenting on Facebook. Rest of the week, I need to get some work done :)

Great job in Boston, Rogue Peeps!!!

No comments: