Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday - Swam 1 mile at Barton Springs. Should have swam farther, but just wasn't feeling it.

Saturday - Attempte to ride 100+, but made the stupid mistake of forgetting to charge my Garmin. I started at Adrians, went south on 360, down on Bee Caves, up 620 to Anderson Mill. Instead of going out to Parmer, I thought I would add some miles, so I went through the neighborhoods to get to Jollyville. I went down and back and then went to Parmer via Duval/Amherst. I rode down Parmer and my Garmin died at mile 64. I called Adrian and he said to go ahead and go all the way down. I went to the very end. First time doing that :) I came all the way back and was for sure I hit 100. I mapped it out, and it only came out to 95 and some change. ARGH!!! Oh well, the good in it, is it's farther than my longest ride which was the weekend before 90. It took me 8 hours. I still feel nervous about the bike cutoff, but with the weather conditions we've been having, and all the stop lights and waiting on trains, I should be fine. I'm also counting on banking at least 50 minutes from the swim. Good day.

Sunday - met the girls to run 18 miles. Good stuff. I felt strong in the beginning, but got pretty fatigued as the run progressed. I've been learning my run/walk, but am thinking about going back to running without stopping. I know the likelyhood of walking during the Ironman will be high, but I'd like to run as long as I can without having to stop. We'll see.

Monday - Called in "exhausted" to work. Used a sick day to relax. Got to sleep in. I made Adrian and I a yummy breakfast, and we went to the T3 swim class at lunch time. I lead my lane with two other guys and had a good workout. Afterwards, Adrian and I spent the day shopping. Came home took a nap, and now we're watching tv with all three doggies on the couch. A very awesome weekend indeed :)

5 comments:

kirsten said...

Oh my god!!! You biked 95+ miles on Sat and then ran 18 miles on Sun? I'm exhausted just reading that. I am going to try and ride my bike for some x training so I can rest my unhappy foot. You rock priscilla!!

MW said...

I really miss the old Foho.
The one that would blog about farts, and laughing till she almost pee'd her pants, and had fun and got lost.
All I read now is this drone of a person working to be an iron (wo)man. Which yes, is an impressive thing I will never accomplish, and I'm super amazed by all of you that sacrifice your lives to do this...
I'm just saying I miss the fun Foho. That's all.

I hope she gets her IM out of her system, and returns from CdA the person she used to be.

Ok, that's all i have to say about this.

I mean seriously, I have seen ONE SINGLE : FOOL!!! in an update in forever. There's something very wrong in that.

MW said...

CORRECTION:
I mean seriously, I have seen ONE SINGLE : FOOL!!! in an update in forever. There's something very wrong in that.
SHOULD READ:

I mean seriously, I HAVEN'T seen ONE SINGLE : FOOL!!! in an update in forever. There's something very wrong in that.

And doggie photos. What good is an iphone and a blog if you're not sharing photos of your doggies.

MW said...

one more thing...
you're awesome! You're improvements continue to amaze me!

Dee said...

FOOL! I miss ur crazy smack talking always smilin' can't fart when running butt.