Friday, May 1, 2009

After IM...

There's been lots of talk regarding what everyone is doing after the Ironman. I've gone back and forth in my mind about what I want to do. At first, I thought I wanted to continue on with this tri stuff, after having such a great race in Galveston. Now that more time has gone by, I've been thinking I don't want to do anything. I don't want to be a part of any training group, just relax and be normal. I miss playing poker, I miss running with my Dee, and I miss being able to work late, or just go home, or have a weekday evening where I don't have to be somewhere. I just want to be. Then because of a certain someone's comments in a past thread, I got to reminiscing. Oh my gosh... the fun I had with Rogue.

I've grown to love T3 and all the teammates, but there's just something different about running. The stories, the adventures and the camraderie that Rogue gave me was priceless. I can't remember a long run where Dee and I didn't get lost. Where we didn't fart so much that our stomach's hurt from all the laughter. The giggles we had from running aimlessly, and most importantly the pure joy and genuine love we had. We not only shared laughs, giggles, and farts, but that crazy fool got me through some hard times in my life at the time. I've come to miss these crazy runs with her.

I'll always be a T3'er now and they have a special place in my heart, but I think I want to get back to running. After seeing so many friends have such awesome races in Boston, that's my next goal. I want to make it to Boston. Reading Dionn's race report brought me to tears. Reading Mike's race report brought me to tears, and I can only daydream about how freaking awesome it would be there myself. Then I thought, why daydream, let's make this happen.

So that's my next goal. Maybe not immediately after CdA, but definitely in 2010, that's my mission. I want to go to Boston. I know I can do it. 3:40 seems crazy right now, but I know I can do it, I know it. Now let's just make it happen.

But for now... I need to stay in IM mode. Michelle posted on the forum, "CdA is next month." Holy shit, she's right. June 21st will be here before I know it. I'm excited and ready. I'm a little nervous about the bike and I'm super nervous about the emotion that will go through me at the finish, but I'm ready to get to the start line. It's gonna be amazing...

(PS, Mike, you're gonna have to wait for more FOOL shout outs till after June 21st, be patient... FOOL!)

3 comments:

MW said...

FOOL!!! now I have tears in my eyes!!
Why'd un hace to say Boston Race Report... I wrote the atupid thing and in can't not get teary eyed!

By the way, in was just saing in missed readung yout sully stories! I'm pretty sure theres a fart in a spin class or some funniness to tell us about! Surely those 15hrs of training aren't all lacking laughter!

; )

Way to kick ass in that swim. You said 7or 8 laps... So I was like, F that! I'm not swimming 7 laps of BS. That's TOTAL BS!! And then FOOL lists out 20 friggin laps. FOOL!!!

MW said...

Wow. I butchered the English language! HAHAHHAH
stupid iPhone!
Thats what I get for typing at 3:30am! Insomnia's a bitch.

Sully = funny
That's all I will correct.

Dionn said...

two words: no limits

Do everything and anything you dream of. You CAN do it.