Saturday, May 30, 2009

Update via Bullet Points

  • Motivation still at an all time low. I think I've already begun the taper process.
  • No need to worry on doing extra workouts, I can barely get a few in as it is.
  • 21 days till the Ironman, holy shit. I haven't been happier that it's around the corner.
  • The last month seems by far the hardest month of all of them.
  • Woke up this morning at 6am and realized I left my cycling shoes at home. (I stay at Adrian's on the weekends)
  • Rushed home to get shoes.
  • As I was leaving, in a rush, with car in full reverse, I failed to see a motorcycle parked and knocked it over.
  • Motorcycles are very heavy. I couldn't pick it back up.
  • Left note, with cell phone and insurance info, but as of 1:30pm, no call yet, I hope someone put it back upright.
  • I thought about the poor guy's reaction when he goes outside to see his motorcycle on its side for the entire Dam loop part of my ride today.
  • Saw half of a deer on the side of the road, yes, just half.
  • Tons of riders on Parmer.
  • "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder was the song of the day, I hummed it and sang the only part I knew for about an hour on the bike.
  • Although, I'm sure it's not safe, I'm able to talk on my iPhone and ride my bike at the same time.
  • As comfortable as I am on the bike, I still managed to forget to unclip at the intersection of Parmer/1431 and tipped right over with all cars staring at me. I got 3 people who rolled their window down and gave a ton of thumbs up, even got a "You rock" as a car drove by that was standing still at the red light when I tipped.
  • Rode 80 miles by accident, and the last 20 were long and slow.
  • I tried to coast as much as possible once I got to Duval.
  • I wish I had a sign on my back that said how many miles I had ridden so when people on Jollyville that are on their 3rd mile whiz pass me, they know I'm on mile 70, and I'm really not that big of a slow ass.
  • Still completely 100% undecided on what I want to do after this IM. Marathons or triahlons, argh, I have a place in my heart for both now.
  • Top Priority for 2010 - Adrian and I are going on a REAL vacation. REAL means, no sporting event to haul bikes to, no stress of a race, just pure fun, relaxation. Maybe a cruise, maybe just going somewhere tropical where we can go on hikes, see waterfalls, go swimming, see colorful fish, and just enjoy each other. Oh, don't forget, eat good food!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

yes, you do ROCK!!!

21 days, wow, can't believe it.

love this post.

Unknown said...

You're so amazing! Can't wait to be cheering for you in 21 days :)

Miss you!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!

You kill me;-)

I can't wait to track you on ironmanlive!

katyd said...

P---

You know you can do marathons and triathlons....there isn't a rule that you can only do one sport :-). I pick both....then we can keep training together. And I am going to work on my run so that I can run with you more!