Monday, March 9, 2009

Excited about a new bike, who me??

Never in a million years did I ever dream that I would get excited about the purchase of a new bike. I've always had my heart in running, especially after my first Team Rogue experience where I found a little bit of speed :) The past 9 weeks of Ironman training have been eventful to say the least. I had my share of downs in the beginning, but I'm easily outweighing those with positive fun moments. I've finally embraced my new T3 family and I'm having a lot of fun training.


When I got into triathlons, I planned on going to Walmart and buying the most expensive bike they had there. I figured that would be good enough. A friend told me about Jack and Adams, and their packages. I almost crapped my pants when I saw the price. $700 of what??? The week before I went in to get one, the rate went up $100. $800 on a bicycle and the necessities just seemed absurd, but I wanted to be taken seriously, so I bit the bullet. I was proud once I got everything. It was perfect for me since I was a newbie. I got everything that you needed to complete a tri.


Fast forward to 2009. I know realize that the bike I bought was ENTRY level. It weighs about as much as I do, and just going down hills with teammates, I can tell my bike is crappy. It did what it was supposed to. It got me accustomed to riding and it got me through my first half Ironman. I'm thankful for that :) But now it's time to move on...


Now enter Ms. (to be filled in later). She's so pretty. She just looks fast. Adrian rode my clunker as I test rode this one. Felt very wierd and unstable, but it's just going to take time to get used to it. I'm looking forward to spin classes and long rides :)
Now I just need to come up with a name for her...

1 comment:

StephW said...

she is a beauty!! Congrats!!