Monday, March 16, 2009

Wednesday through Monday :)

Wednesday, March 11th
Time: 4:15pm
Location: Jack and Adams
People: Me, Thomas and Zane
Comments: I picked up "Pretty". I know it sounds like a retarded name, but every time I see her, I say, "Hello, Pretty!" You have to emphasize the TT's in Pretty :) So that's her name. Thomas put the final touches on my bike fit, moved the aero bars a little and I took her home :)

Time: 7:00pm
Location: Lost Creek
People: Me, Sabrina, and other T3'ers
Weather: Cold, but not effing cold.
Comments: Wasn't really feeling the swim, but got through it. I think I slacked on parts, didn't do the complete workout, but got it done. The weather was yucky and not many of us showed, so I was glad to have gotten the workout in.

Day: Thursday, March 12th
Comments: Work. Got stuck working late, so missed my first spin class with Pretty :) Stayed at work till almost 10pm, but got alot done.

Day: Friday, March 13th
Comments: OFF day. Took my girl to my honey's with me and he transferred my Garmin cadence monitor, took off the gear guard thingamabob, and we just stared at her gorgeousness :)

Day: Saturday, March 14th
Location: Barton Springs Pool
People: Rogue Zooma Half group. Ran with Lori and Dee
Weather: low 40's, but for some reason I felt ok.
Comments: Run was good. I really miss running with my girls. The route was hillier than expected, but humbled myself and made me realize I've done NO hill workouts since Ironman training started. I might need to incorporate the Exposition loop in during the week instead of just running around Town Lake over and over and over. We averaged 10:10 for all 15 miles. I think I only ran 14. I had to be at my condo's HOA meeting, so had to pick up the pace for the last two miles. Good run. I also noticed, I need to eat more during my runs. For some reason I need more nutrition than before when I was just in marathon training.

Day: Sunday, March 15th
Location: 360, Shoal Creek
People: Adrian and I
Weather: Cool, but not cold
Comments: I kept putting off my 60 mile ride on the trainer until I had no more time. I don't know when I'm going to learn that I need a group setting to do my workouts. I should have done my ride with everyone else at PTC yesterday, but I was stubborn and picked running with my girlfriends instead. I didn't get my 60 miles in, but did get to ride my bike for about an hour with Adrian. I feel more comfortable now having done this from our test ride. I can't freaking wait till Saturday. I can totally feel the speed on my new bike. I feel freakishly fast :) Only rode 11 miles with stopping and starting several times. We ran into old neighbors then stopped at Adrian's brothers house, so the ride wasn't consistent, but gave me enough time to play in my aero bars and get a little more used to my girl :)

Chit Chat: I'm sooooo freaking excited about Galveston. I can't freaking wait to get a tri under my belt :) I know it's hard to compare triathlon times, but I've only done one half Ironman and that was back in July 2006. My time was a whopping 8:02:29. My goal for Galveston is to stay out of my comfort zone and beat my last time :)

No comments: