Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Time: 5:30am
Duration: 1:26:37
Location: Barton Springs
Workout: 8 mile easy run
Distance: 8.33 miles
Avg Pace: 10:24
Weather: Weatherbug showed 40 when I left my house
People: Team Rogue, ran with Stephanie for a few miles
Comments: Since I got 10 hours of sleep, waking up at 4am felt great. I had plenty of time to pack my clothes for work and eat breakfast on my way to the workout. We ran from Barton Springs to Exposition and back on the back roads that I take home from work. I can't wait until I get my groove back. I ran by myself, and at the water stop about half way, Steph slowed her run down to run a few miles with me. It was nice catching up, but I would rather not slow anyone down. I'm actually enjoying pushing myself on the runs solo and trying to catch and play games with myself on not letting people get out of my sight.

I'm going to run my 4 miles I skipped on Wednesday tomorrow, shhhh... I don't want to skip workouts, and I don't think changing out days will matter, not in the first week. REALLY looking forward to running with my FOOLS on Saturday morning. Just an easy 10 miler, then it's into week 2!!!

I'm aiming for 70 mile peak, might even go all out and try for 80 if I can get used to the early morning runs :)

1 comment:

StephW said...

you weren't "slowing me down". i am on a different schedule than you are. we were supposed to do steady state but i was pooped. i ran 18 miles (ran 2 times) and went to crossfit in all in less than 24 hours. i was tired and happy to just to have gotten my butt to the workout.