Monday, February 9, 2009

Friday and Sunday - Saturday to be posted separately :)

Friday - I took off work at noon and attempted to get in as many miles as I could before we were to leave out of town for Adrian's race. I got in 28 miles. I wish I could have done more, but was riding on a whim with no real map. I left Adrian's house at 12:45pm, rode down 360 to Las Cimas, then back up to Great Hills. Decided to take Great Hills to Jollyville and go down and back for a total of 28 miles. I don't know the area that well, and not comfortable going down the big hill on Spicewood Springs, otherwise I would have tried to get to Great Northern. Oh well. It was windy and I was excited to get on the road to start Adrian's weekend.

Sunday - Woke up and ran the 8 mile loop that Adrian had raced on all day on Saturday. I miss trail running. No iPod, just random thoughts going through your head. I missed running in the "woods" and feeling like you were the only soul out there. Good stuff. I think my running has improved from last years trail running. I'm excited to get back to it after the Ironman in June :)

No comments: