Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Monday, Lots of Funzies :)

Today was my 3rd meeting with Meredith. I signed up for her 6 session program to lose weight and it's been an incredibly wonderful experience. I'm not going to lie and say I've been doing EVERYTHING I've been told, but in retrospect, my eating habits have changed full tilt. I've learned soooo many valuable lessons with my nutrition and I'm super excited to see what the next 6 weeks has to offer. So far... I've lost 5 pounds so far and can tell a huge difference in my workouts and how I feel about my body. If you're not using anyone and you're ready to take your nutrition to the next level, I highly recommend her :)

After the meeting, Lori and I decided to do a run together. OMG, what fun. I miss my Cookies dearly and having chances to run with them is definitely a treat.

Time: 6:45ish
Location: HEB Far West
Workout: Just run 8-10 miles
Completed Workout: 10 miles around a 9:55 pace
Weather: Cool, but perfect
Comments: We did the 3.25 mile loop and we did it three times. The hill on North Hills felt like a piece of cake the first time, but gradually got harder with each loop. I felt like Lori was really pushing the pace, and the pace felt awesome, but everytime we'd stop and I'd ask the pace, it was always below what I thought we were running. No biggie. I'm still struggling with getting my mindset out of "running only" mentality and into full triathlon running mode. It was a great run. Lori saw this HUGHMONGOUS Mastiff on the route. Then later in the run, I saw something that stopped me in my tracks. I couldn't run and laugh at the same time. That was an awesome feeling. While I'm enjoying T3 and making friends, I still miss these moments. The overwhelming giggle factor. It was hilarious. I saw something that made my lungs sieze up in sheer joy. CRACK! Who doesn't like to see crack?? It's just like someone falling down or farting.. you just HAVE to laugh. It's not the first time I've seen this crack, nor the last, but this was definitely the best crack I've seen at the right moment in my training. I needed that laugh.

Thanks Lori... for the crack and the laughs ;)

Splits:
10:54
9:48
9:28
10:28
9:50
9:35
10:01
9:54
9:28
9:38

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

crack as in butt crack...or crack as in you are on crack?? what is it with yall and seeing huge dogs on your runs? remind me to stay out of those areas with my little Shorty.

Unknown said...

I agree farting is one of the funniest things ever;-)