Friday, February 13, 2009

Riley Update and the wasting of the rest of my lunch hour...


So Mr. Riley is at the vet as I type this. Adrian said the bill was only $300, and we were expecting much much more. I think the vet is helping us out and giving Adrian some credits for having such a big heart.

The funny thing about this is that Adrian has had probably 6-7 people willing to come pick him up, but he keeps denying them. One lady has a son, and they just lost their lab. He found out they live in a travel trailer with no fenced yard. He denied them. Another one worked too much and Adrian said that wouldn't cut it. Another lived in an apartment, negative. Another admitted that they wouldn't be home for 4 days out of the week, but her 7 cats would keep him company. Denied.

I told Adrian to just quit wasting peoples time. He is an awesome dog and I want to keep him now, so he just needs to suck it up and call him his own :) After coming home from the vet, he had three calls and when Adrian said he invested $370 in vet bills, they said, "Oh.. uh.." Adrian immediately hung up on them! He cracks me up.

Adrian and I finished our conversation with him saying, "Noone can take better care of him than I can." and my response was, "FOOL, we're keeping him." and he replied, "Yeah, I know :)"

We now have 2 - 20lb cats, 2 - 100lb labradors, and yip yappy trail running 10lb Pomeranian. We have 250 pounds of furry loving animals. This makes my heart happy.

Happy Early Valentines to us!!

Oh - and I wonder what kind of hair cut Adrian will give him. Abare (the black one in the pic above) has a mohawk :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks like he fits right in...definitely would be hard to say no!