Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Workout Update

Monday, Feb 23rd
Time: 4:30pm
Workout: Just run
Where: Town Lake Trail
People: Me :) with viewing of Dionn
Comments: Attempted to run... but the legs weren't feeling it. After the first mile, I realized it was my first run since the marathon. I guess the legs weren't fully recovered. Only made it three miles.

Time: 7:00pm
Location: Lost Creek
Workout: Swim
People: SABRINA! and other T3'ers.
Comments: I made it through my first full workout without being threatened by the dreaded tarp!! Woo hoo!! 2700 meters, whoopie!! I also broke 2:00 minutes for a 100 meter swim. Double whoopie!! I actually jumped up and down in the water!! 1:58. Chrissy was awesome and critiqued me more. Just when I think I've got it, she switches something up and tells me to work on something else. I love it, it's making me faster!

Tuesday, Feb 24th
I had a CE class in Round Rock, so didn't make it to core/spin, so I skipped out. OFF Day!!

Wednesday, Feb 25th
Time: 5:00pm
Workout: Run
Location: Town Lake Trail
People: Me, with viewing of Shawnda, Maggie, and Rhejeanne :)
Weather: for the first time, HOT! :) But good hot!
Comments: I need to quit looking at my Garmin. I think I've become obsessed with staring at it and my pace. I started running, and after the first mile, I realized I was running slower than what I'd like. I'd like to keep my pace around 9:00 to 9:30 and I was doing 10's. BUT, I felt good. Legs were moving and calves were feeling much better. So I decided to just run based on feeling vs. what my pace was. I think I need to do this more often. One of the reasons why the Austin marathon went so well for me was it was the first marathon I didn't wear a pace band and I had no clue what I was running. I need to remember that, just run to run. I did the 7 mile loop and finished strong. Good run.

I skipped the swim class I normally attend because I have my VO2 testing in the morning to see if I can qualify for the cycle study. I'm excited, although the bike is my weakest sport so a little intimdated at pushing on my weakest sport. Through Facebook, I've noticed some FAST T3 women qualifying and just not sure if I'm up to their fitness on the bike. Who knows... we shall see tomorrow at 8am :)

1 comment:

Dionn said...

It's always good to see a friendly face out there! Keep up the good work! :)