Saturday, February 14, 2009

New training, New Year, New Hair!!


I'd like to first thank Steve, Dee's Steve for having the courage to tell me in California that my hair was FUNKY! And then Adrian for backing up his comment when I asked his opinion. December 2008, I told them, pick out a haircut, and I'll do it.
The added training schedule helped me push forward with the decision. The multiple washing of the hair was a pain. The hair in my face during spin class, the hair during runs was getting bothersome.
I made an appointment at Luxe Apothetique in the Domain. My cousin's father cuts hair there. I've never had a "real" haircut. I've always been that girl that paid $20 for a trim and never ventured for anything stylish. OMG, what an awesome experience. If anyone needs a haircut, go there and ask for Alonzo!! He spent TWO HOURS on my big ole fro! Used 10 million different scissors, shavers, trimmers, and thinners. Washed my hair twice, conditioned once. Dried it, cut it again. Styled it. And the whole time explaining everything. Super cool.
End result is my head feels like it weighs two ounces. The bike ride this morning was awesome. No worries about rubber bands. No headaches from the ponytail digging in my head for 5 hours on the ride.. no need to massage my head after the helmet was removed. I can't wait to swim, and definitely can't wait to run tomorrow with the new do!!
Thanks for all the compliments!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the hair! you look like a rockstar!!

md said...

I absolutely love your hair! one day I'll be bold and cut mine. meanwhile, I'll admire yours.