Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm a badazz!!!

Last night Adrian and I watched the weather and saw 60 degrees, Saturday. So this morning, when we woke up to do the ride, I only wore my bike shorts, socks, and T3 jersey. I stepped outside, and thought it was chilly, but blew it off. When I reached the school, I noticed that EVERYONE was wearing tights, arm warmers, headbands, gloves.. the whole 9 yards!!

I freaked and called Adrian, but he was already on his way. Yes, we take two different cars because of my slowness and his fastness. I don't expect him to wait an additional two hours, which is how long it takes me to finish my ride.

Despite being freezing, only the first 45 minutes was awful. I warmed up, and just dealt with the cold. I was late and missed the slowest group that takes off at 8:10. I rode by myself, but had a blast. I was playing with my gears, watching my cadence on my new monitor, my speed. I was having a good ole time. It was hilly, but they don't bother me anymore. It's more of a game with me now. Curious about how long I can keep up a cadence without having to switch gears, seeing how long I can stay in a bigger gear, etc. I almost made it to the end of the 30 mile route where I was to turn around and Adrian and Maurice caught me. I was told to turn around when I saw the big group on their way back, so I wouldn't be out there alone. I never saw the big group, but did see Adrian and Mo on their way back and I got two big "turnaround" glares and finger movements.

I turned around, but was irritated, cause I only had 1 mile to go. I was at mile 29. Argh. I turned around. The ride back was awesome. I turned on my Pandora on my iPhone and was singing along. Everyone slowly but surely passed me and I was the last one out there, but I was having fun. Legs felt great, my nutrition was great and I was having fun. Fun on my bike, wtf?? I never thought I'd say that.

58 miles, in cold, windy weather, practically nekkid. Good day... I feel like a bad ass, and blame it on my haircut. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your ride! It sounds like you had a good (although cold) day. Way to persevere.

Anonymous said...

You are a badazz! Awesome that you had so much fun. I would have waited on you, but I didn't even go...slept through my dang alarm. Hopefully doesnt happen in the morning too.

Dionn said...

watch out...I think someone's starting to enjoy being a triathlete....SSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!