Friday, November 7, 2008

4 mile tem-poop

Time: 6:00pm
Location: Travis Country
Weather: We bit chilly!
Workout: 2 mile warm up, 4 mile at HMGP, 2 mile cool down
Comments: Traffic was awful. I work at Congress and 1st and it took me almost 45 minutes to get from Mopac at 1st street down to SW Parkway, yuck! We started the run, and I had my Garmin, but like the others, I couldnt' see a darn thing when we were running. I would occasionally glance at it under a street light, but it was really useless until the end to see what we already did.

Clemmie and I took off, and immediately I could tell we were running a tad slow, but I already felt pushed, so told Clemmie to run on, and that I would chase her. Dee soon passed me within the first mile and my mission was to hang on to them. I missed the Lab workout two weekends ago so this was new territory for me. I could feel I was going slower, but couldn't get in the groove of things. I chased Dee who was chasing Clemmie for 3 miles and I was gaining ground until around mile 3. ***This might be TMI*** At mile 2, I tooted. And then I tooted again. I was wishing that Dee was by me, because she knows me better than anyone and knows I can't toot while I run. I always stop to toot, when I toot. I thought I felt better, until mile 3 and I came to a hobbling screeching halt. I had to make an emergency dash to the park. Thank goodness it was dark because I didn't make it very far into the bushes. I had to do a number 3, that's 2+1. Sorry for the details, but figured I needed to remember this for future tempo runs :)

Afterwards, I felt better and just finished my last mile. I didn't hit anywhere near my HMGP, but just chalked it up to having a not so good day. No worries.

Kinda nervous about the race this weekend, but looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were in my neighborhood and didnt call?! Good luck at your race. Is it Sunday?

MW said...

Way to TOOT your horn!
I toot on every run, and people knwo it's coming, because i toot all the time on runs.
I blame it on Meredith.

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I love the fact you stop to toot!!!

my word verification is boopful;-)

Dee said...

Good thing you didn't go near the booby trap to do your number math problem thang..., we would have never found you.