Saturday, November 15, 2008

Longest run of my life :) 28.74

Time: 5am
Location: Rogue Equipment and all of Austin
People: Team Rogue, ran with Dee and Clemmie
Workout: 27 miles
Weather: Cold and WINDY!
Comments: I got to Rogue early, rolled my calves out as much as I could handle the pain. Got to catch up with a few of the Northies that have disappeared over the last few weeks. Was able to join Kamran in his hip hopping rolling party, gave the Fasties a hard time for not wearing their short shorts and give Mike a hard time for having everything from the kitchen sink on his fuel belt.

Run started and the chatter began. We hate running on the trail when it's dark, because we are already the caboose of Team Rogue and not being able to see the ground slows us down even more. We hoped up on the roads and around mile 2, I made a pit stop at the first port o potty. Hills seem to slow us down, and later realized that it was the howling wind blowing us backwards. Miles clicked by, the pace was ungodly slow, but based on effort, it felt comfortable. I decided to ignore the Garmin for pace and just use it for miles run. Conversation was interesting, but the stops were multiple. I stopped again at mile 6 and Clemmie confessed to drinking a quart of water in the middle of the night and she had to stop several times to go.

At Pecos, we all took a wrong turn thinking we knew where we were and where were going, and added miles.

Shoal Creek was ok, but the wind gusts were brutal. Dee's foot starting bothering her with the multiple stops, so she turned around just short of 183, and Clemmie and I continued. We picked up the pace after Dee left us, not because she left, but because the wind was now at our backs. Every time I looked at my Garmin it showed 9:xx, which was nice.

Splits were:
13:12
11:48
10:45
11:41
11:04
11:25
10:37
11:10
10:33
11:12
12:13
11:31
10:34
10:50
10:20
10:16
9:59
10:11
9:43
9:52
10:03
10:36
9:34
9:51
9:16
11:16
9:52
10:00
.74 miles - 7:03

Gonna keep this short, but this is the longest I've ever run. Adrian made me a bottle of Perpetuem to last for 4 1/2 hours, and I think it worked. I'm not sure if it was mostly mental, but I felt great at the end. Feet were tired, but the legs were moving. My fastest mile was mile 25. 26, Clemmie had a potty stop, and I think my Garmin timed it, but we were in the 9:xx's for the latter part of the run which is a nice confidence booster.

Next weekend, I'm going to work on running with my bottle again, not stopping and run at faster paces. Good day!!

3 comments:

JohnF said...

Longest run and negative splits. Incredible!

Anonymous said...

Great job Priscilla! - Leslie

StephW said...

Fun Foho Run!! You are my hero!!