Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Follow up

Short and sweet to get caught up.

Sunday: Amazing time in San Antonio with Dee. We caught up with Sisson at mile 9 and followed him around San Antonio. Thank goodness, because we would have been lost souls. We were able to cheer for Kristen, Ramon, Cheryl, Larry, Karen, Andi, Jim, and Angie. Great, great time. Super inspiring to see Kristen do negative splits and Cheryl pull off her superwoman. Incredible stuff. I could have easily slept in and found myself pretty tired by the time I got back home. Thanks Dee for driving, even if you drive like a bat out of hell.

Got home to the boyfriend that had been in bed all morning, which is SO not like him. No time for me to nap. We went for a walk with the boys that took 2.5 hours on Kenny's trail. Beautiful stuff. Although, there were two points that I freaked out. The first one, we had to climb up this wall, and I thought I got stuck. Not too bad. 2nd one was a major freak out. Anyone close knows I'm terrified of heights. There was a section on the trail where you had to walk along side a drop off. Our two boys walked across fine, Adrian walked across fine, but I slowly kept stooping down clinging to the side. It was probably two feet across, but it was slanted. The edge was a CLIFF. I'm probably being dramatic, but I was freaking out. I was stooped all the way down, clinging to the side. We were there for about 15 minutes as Adrian tried to sweet talk me across. I even started crying. I'm a wuss, a very big wuss. Thankfully, I made it across, and the rest of the walk/hike was nice. I think it was too much for my legs, the day after running close to 29 miles, but it was nice to end a Sunday.

Monday - OFF, went home and was in bed before 8pm and slept through the night.

Tuesday - went to office hours, good stuff. Finally figured out my race plan, but still think it needs some tweaking. Was home by 9pm and went directly to bed. No tv, no nothing.

All caught up :) A little over 2 weeks away... craziness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for figuring out the race plan. I'm with ya...the majority of it's laid out with some tweaking to come a little later.

I slept 12 hours last night;-)

Glad you made it across the cliff!