Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CV's

Time: 5:30pm
Location: Eastside Track
People: Dee, Clemmie, Ruth, Tim, and Mandi
Weather: Muggy and cool
Workout: 4 x 2000m at 15k pace
Comments: I made this entire post it note for my workout with a breakdown of my 100m, 400m, 1600m, and 2000m splits and left it on my desk at work. Argh. I also left my watch at home. I really need to get into race mode and start being better prepared. I'm really bad about planning for stuff when it comes to my running. Over the last few weeks, I've let my nutrition go down the drain and along with it I think I'm battling mental demons regarding my MGP.

We set out for the track, and without knowing my splits, I had to go off my memory. I remember the 100 were :30, the 200 were 1:01, and then I thought the 400's were 2:05, which was wrong. So we did the entire workout using that. Our four splits for the 2000's were

1) 10:25 - right on according to our wrong calculation
2) 10:10 - we thought was way too fast, but it was actually :01 slow for what our real pace should have been.
3) 10:21
4) 10:30

10:09 is what we should have been shooting for, but in all honesty, I don't think I could have gone any faster.

This was the hardest track workout by far this year. I'm not sure why. I wore my new Team Rogue outfit to try it out, and felt like Ms. Chubbers. I've gained a few pounds and it could be water weight, but I felt fat. Even Meredith has sent me a few nice and "get off your ass and do what I'm telling you" emails that I 110% needed.

So I went to the grocery store on Monday and got the right foods to eat. Adrian is going to his first meeting next week, so I'm really excited to see what she has in store for him. I would also like to plan a shopping trip to the grocery store with Meredith after the holidays. I still have no clue what I'm supposed to buy. Jelly for instance, I have no clue.

Anywho, the building I work in is having a tamale party. They're catering Pappasittos for the ENTIRE BUILDING!! I woke up, made a healthy breakfast, ate before I left the house (miracle and Meredith would be so proud) packed a lunch full of fruit and veggies and then I remembered this. Sooo, in order to curb the temptation, I've been needing to go to Dr. Fluitt for my calves for the past two weeks. I made an appt during lunch. I'll eat the sandwich I made for lunch on my way, snack on carrots and not be here while everyone is gorging on beans, rice, fajitas, and tamales.

I still have 3 weeks to get my ass in gear, and I've put too much hardwork to let it slip away in the last 3 weeks. No more eating bad. I had some sugary, delicious candy at my desk that I was snacking on all week, threw it away. I've been back to drinking sodas, no more. Water, water, water... Now that it's in writing, hopefully this will put it all out there so I can get back on track.

7 comments:

MW said...

You just have to want to.

It's that simple.
(I don't want to give up my Cheetos, but I haven't had a soda in over 4 years. They looks like a giant glob of Sugan to me. But Cheetos, still as good as ever!)

Priscilla said...

I want to, but it's a REAL struggle for me. I REALLY enjoy food...

MW said...

two comments:

1) Then you don't WANT to. (it's that simple) We all love food, its not just you!

2) What part of FOOD is candy?!?

; )

luv ya!

kirsten said...

Mike - that's harsh. For some people eating perfectly (minus the cheetos) is tough. For me stress at work is something that pushes me over the edge sometimes. I definately don't eat great all the time but I try. I work at night and I can tell you that doing that plus taking care of the horses, riding and running eat into my time and sometimes eating anything is what I have to do. Its not that I don't want to.
Priscilla - you're doing great. It takes time to build up a new habit and everyone has slip ups. Don't let peoples somewhat judgemental comments get to you!

kirsten said...

MIke - oh yeah...what part of food is beer or whatever it is y'all drink at your tail gating fat and salt get togethers!!

MW said...

I think you're taking things to literally. I didn't post every example of what I do wrong, just cheeros as an example.
Plus, I think (or at least certainy hope) that my friend foho knows i'm not mocking or trying to be mean.
I'm just talking straight up without sugar coating things that it's just like smoking, chewing nails(my vice) or shopping. At the end of the day, you just have to want to do something. Check out my nails next time! Not a pretty site.
I just chose to take the 'WAKE UP' approach.

Kumbaya

Priscilla said...

Check it out, I've got my own forum here :) Kristen, thanks for the comments, but Mike is just trying to help. It's funny that he knows exactly what to say to get me motivated. Meredith did the same thing, I do much better with tough love. Myself and will power against bad food is something that will take work, but I think Mike is right, I have to want it for it to become a lifestyle change and I do appreciate the tough love approach and the praise approach.

Good luck at San Antonio, are you doing the half?? I signed up, but opted to do the 26.7 on Saturday with the Team instead of driving to and from San Antonio all weekend for the half. CIM can't get here soon enough :)

Love you guys!