Friday, November 7, 2008

Shoes

So, a couple months ago, I went into Rogue to buy some shoes. I found some Mizuno's that I liked, after trying a ton of them on. My regular shoe size is a 6.5, so I always buy 7.5. I bought two pair and the last pair is just over 300 miles.

I went this past Sunday to get some more, and when I tried them on, they felt tight. Joe looked and thought it was peculiar too, so I bought 8's. I ran in them on Tuesday, and Wednesday and both runs I could feel pain in the outside of my foot and a wierd cramping pain in my calf. Not good. So I asked Ruth, and she said to wear my old shoes. I showed up last night in my old shoes and lo and behold, they felt tight too. Ruth looked at my feet while standing and could instantly notice my shoes were too small for my feet. How in the world have I been doing my entire Team Rogue training in shoes that were too small???? I'm beyond retarded. My old shoes felt comfy, yet snug. I'm freaking out a little, because it's 30 days away from the marathon and I don't have shoes that are comfortable for me. I wish I would have bought three pairs at my original visit, now I don't know what to do.

I'm going to see if Rogue will let me exchange for the smaller size since that's what my foot is used to, and will work out finding the right shoe AFTER CIM. How in the world could I be such a doof??

Ruth asked if I got hot spots, I said, "Yeah." Ruth asked if I got blisters, I said, "Yeah." She said all signs that you're shoe is too small. I just thought all runners had those problems so didnt' think anything of it.

I think my foot grew... I'm only 31, ya know... I am still growing...

3 comments:

kirsten said...

That sucks. I wore shoes that were too tight for 1/2 of 2007 and a good part of 2008 and after AT&T I was forced to get a whole different model of shoe for Boston cuz my feet were just killing me. Speaking of shoes, I went to Rogue to get some NUUN and noticed they had one last pair of my quality w/o / race shoes (in my size!) on sale 50% off. Don't need them now but I will.

Charles said...

GO BAREFOOT!

Charles said...

Seriously, my feet grew an entire size between my 2nd and 3rd marathons. And I'm OLD.