Saturday, November 22, 2008

Soulbuster III

Time: 5:50am
Location: Runtex Gateway
Weather: Cold, but not windy
People: Mainly Dee :)
Comments: I was really looking forward to the workout, but for some reason as I got to Runtex, I was nervous. I think I have some issues when it comes to the marathon approaching. All through the program, I've talked big and felt confident, but two weeks out the mental games are driving me crazy. I'm not sure if it's because of the huge PR, or the high marathon goal I originally started out with, or what?? But whatever it is, today was a huge lesson in figuring it out.

Warm up to the track, 1 mile all out and I could tell right off I wasn't going "all out" I was pushed, but I wasn't feeling like I was pushing, the way I did at SB I. Lap 1, Lap 2, then Lap 3, the Fasties passed and I had a "what the hell am I doing??" I pushed, and then the last lap I tried to push all out, but it was too late. 7:23, my first SB was a 7:11. Too slow, hmpf. Cool down to North Hills.

Sisson was at the water stop and we had a heart to heart. He gave me a new mantra and basically told me to get my head out of my ass. I need to work through whatever it is that I'm struggling with, come to the realization that I've done the hardwork and I can do it. I need to quit pussy footing around the fact that I CAN DO IT!!! I need to get it through my head that I'm healthy, non-injured, only have minor tweaks and I can do this. The 10 miles at MGP were up and down for me. One minute I felt like this was a piece of cake, then I felt like I was having to work too hard, then back to feeling good.

Here are my splits... goal pace for 3:56 marathon, 9:00 flat
1) 9:09
2) 8:57
3) 8:47
4) 8:54
5) 9:17
6) 9:20 - I don't think my Garmin stopped, this was a Sisson water stop
7) 9:11
8) 9:12
9) 9:10
10 ) 9:04
11) 12:09 - can you tell the MGP is over :) Legs felt heavy, and we took a wrong turn, and had to back track
12) 12:56
13) 11:27
14) 11:38
15) 11:26
16) 11:24
17) 10:42
18) 10:48
19) 10:16

We also did 1.6 warm up, 1 on the track and 1 to North Hills.

The hills after MGP were bad. I couldn't get my legs to move, couldn't get my breathing down and it was a great mental exercise for me. I kept repeating to myself "Peaks and Valleys, Peaks and Valleys" For every valley, I'm going to have a peak.

I'm sad that today was our last "long" run. I'm going to genuinely miss this program. I'm planning on doing Team Rogue Boston, and hope that many others on the Team will continue. One more Saturday run and it's off to California :) Good day...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahem, I think Sisson's words were a tad stronger than ass...just sayin.'

YOu did a great job and yes, you've done the work...now go get your PR!!!

Dee said...

Katie...show you right. My ears heard the same thing yours did. (LOL) But it was all good, she needed to hear it, right Priscilla?

Amy said...

Great jobbin' gettin' it done, Priscilla. I can't wait to see how much ass you kick in California!

Priscilla said...

Haha, yes I did need to hear it. It's my new CIM mantra. When I hear the bad mental things, I'm going to tell them to shut the F up... :)