Thursday, November 6, 2008

Billy Goat Run

Time: 5:30pm
People: Lori, Dee, and I
Location: Lake Austin Blvd
Route: First few miles of the 10 miler route
Weather: Perfect
Distance: 5 miles
Comments: Dee thought it would be a good idea to run part of the race course for Sunday. We started at the Randalls and instantly started climbing up Exposition. I'd have to say the route we took was pretty hilly, so I'm glad that I'm not racing it. MGP seems a little scary, but with the down hills and the flats towards the end, I'm pretty positive about hitting it. Even if I run MGP for the 10 miles, I'll have a 10 minutes PR over my best 10 miler time. I didnt' run it in 2007, but I ran it three years in a row preceeding that. Best time was in 2005.

Hills didn't feel as bad as I was anticipating and it was a good confidence run for me from my lack of energy weeks. I could keep up with Dee and Lori with no problem and felt good about that. I started documenting my nutrition again, because I had fallen off the wagon. What started with one Halloween piece of candy snowballed into small bags of peanut M&M's again. So I'm back to making the right decisions and Meredith was 100% in the right when she told me to not screw up all my hard work in the last 30 days. She's right. I have control over what I stuff in my mouth and I need to use that to my advantage.

Looking forward to chasing Clemmie tonight :)

1 comment:

Dee said...

What on earth is a Billy Goat Run?