Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Recap - What a nice one...

Saturday's run was a pretty good confidence booster for me. Not because I ran fast (22 miles at 10:35 pace), but just for the plain simple fact that I got my miles in without feeling like dog poop. Pace was on the slow end, but who cares. My coach told me my objective was to get the miles in as comfortable as I could, and that's what I did. It was soooo nice to run with Lori, Linda, Clemmie, Cheryl and Dee. Good company, good conversation. I did fall at mile 2 or 3 and banged up my knee, but I'm ok. I just need to learn to pick up my feet...



After the run, we did the commercial shoot. Fun, but I was paranoid about waiting too long to 1) eat something or take in recovery and 2) my ice bath. I'm glad I did it in the end, and super glad that when Dee fell she didn't get hurt. We are a mess together, we both fell. I went to the grocery store afterwards, then went home and proceeded to get into a cleaning frenzy which is very out of the norm for me. I normally go straight home, eat, shower, and SLEEP! Today, I had more energy, which was great. I vacuumed, swept, mopped, did a load of laundry.. then managed to take an ice bath with 10lbs of ice. I took my hot shower, got dressed and was off to my poker game.



I've been skipping my weekly poker game on Wednesday's to get my runs in. A little sacrifice, but in the end, I think it'll be worth it. The poker guys I play with give me a hard time, and every month we have a Saturday tournament, usually where the buy in is $50. They all decided that we would put on a Mini World Series of Poker, where the buy in is $100, making the pot with 30 players $3,000!!! So I was excited. Long story short, with no nap after my 22 miler, I was crashing around 5-6pm. But... I was playing awesome. Bluffing here and there, making some great calls, and even making a few reads on other players. I love poker. I made it to the final table with 5 other guys, it was midnight and I couldn't play a hand without yawning. I think the other guys were tired too, we had been playing for 10 hours. So, we all decided to split the pot. There were two no-shows, so we ended up splitting $2800 between the 6 of us. Not too bad for a Saturday of fun. I took home $470 :) The guys told me not to show up to the next game, and to go run, hahahaha!



I got to my boyfriends around 1am, and he had a special night planned. I guess he didn't think I'd last that long cause he called around 8pm asking how I was doing and I told him I was still doing pretty well so he ate dinner alone. Then I get there and there's a rose on the door, ahhhh.... then there was a dozen of them at the top of the stairs for me :) The best part, was that they were in a cycling water bottle, hahaha. Sunday, I skipped my run. We went to Rogue and I got a new pair of shoes since I'm creeping up on 300 on my current shoes. Took the dogs to the park and went on a 4 mile walk with them. Ate pizza for dinner, watched THREE movies and went to bed around 11pm. Good night, great boyfriend, awesome weekend!!

2 comments:

MW said...

sounds like a fun weekend.

However, it is quite surprising to read that 28 people(mostly guys) IN AUSTIN preferred to play Poker instead of watching the football big showdown.

I guess they're all Aggies, Baylor grads or GED holders??

Priscilla said...

Nope, you're wrong. The guy that hosts the poker game has a big huge flat screen on a swivel in the poker room :) We watched the entire UT game, and every other game proceeding. I totally took advantage of the pissed off guys at the final table after UT lost.. that was crazy at the end. The room went silent for about 15 minutes...