Friday, November 21, 2008

Speed plus Sisson = Great workout!

Time: 5:30pm
Location: Rogue Equipment
Weather: Freaking windy as heck, and cold.
Workout: warm up to 1 mile loop, 6 x 1 mile at 10k, cool down back to store.
Comments: It was pretty chilly and the wind was brutal. Ruth had a Coaches meeting, so we had Sisson as our coach. Neat stuff!! Although, I found myself being "good" instead of the "yip yapping telling on Dee" self that I normally am. Keeping this short, have too much work to do.
10k mile for a 3:56 marathon (I switched again) is an 8:05
1) 7:59
2) 7:50
3) 8:00
4) 8:01
5) 8:15
6) 8:11

Sisson said to not get too disappointed if our splits were off because of the wind... and on the last two I slowed down because of the wind AND I think I went out too fast in my beginning splits and was just getting tired. Super happy that I pulled this workout off, I was nervous about it when I read the workout. Also, it's crazy to think I ran the IBM 10k this fast without recovery. Good stuff.

2 comments:

StephW said...

Yay Foho!! Way to kick some butt.

Dee said...

Why do you feel the need to always have to tell on me, why don't you tell on your own freaking fast butt sometime.