Tuesday, December 2, 2008

1.5 hours of driving to work

Just needed to vent. It took me 1.5 hours to get to work this morning. 30 minutes of was sitting on Cesar Chavez. Lights were turning green and cars weren't moving. Cars were getting stuck in the middle of intersections, people were irritated and all I could do was play with my iPhone. Imagine all the money and time we would save if all companies would just let us work from home!!!!! I'm envious of my friends that have this luxury. I've been up since 5:30am, and it's now 8:40am... think of all the work I could have done in three hours.

Still need to run, woke up too late to make it down south. Got completely dressed, shoes on and tied, but couldn't take the step outside. Instead started doing laundry, vaccumed, and did other non-running things. I'll have to run after work, and be late to Office Hours...

2 comments:

StephW said...

I got stuck in that crap too. It took me 1 hour to get to work instead of 20 min. I was trying to be smart and go down 5th street but it didn't work.I was pretty grumpy when I got to work.

I still haven't ran either. I think I am going to hit the trails after work. I don't think I could bring myself to fight that traffic again after work. Let me know if you want to run.

Julia said...

Geez! What a morning! I hate driving...wish I could ride my bike! Deep breath! Get your run in and we will see you at happy hour!