Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ahhh... they're baaaaack!!

Yay!! My legs are finally back. I was a little worried since I hadn't run since Sunday and it was a slow one. This was my 4th run back since the marathon.

Time: 8:00pm
Weather: Foggy, muggy, humid, icky... but not 29 degrees!
Locations: My home then out and back on Jollyville
People: Me and my iPod
Comments: Ahh... Legs finally felt ok. Ran with the Garmin so I could see where my fitness was.

1) 10:24
2) 9:53
3) 9:40
4) 9:23
5) 9:19

Nice little progressive pace, negative splits, yaya!! It definitely wasn't a walk in the park, but I'm glad I got my legs back and I wasn't in the 11's or 12's.

Perception Check: It's crazy how just two weeks ago running 9:00's or even barely sub 9:00's felt like a walk in the park, and tonight trying to get to MGP felt impossible. I remember each mile just clicking away at CIM, 9:00, 8:57, 9:05 etc... like it was nothing. Tonight, just trying to stay under 10:00 seemed like hardwork. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Welcome back, legs! Glad your run was less harrowing than mine.