Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A little tempo solo :)

Well, I suck. If it's not a Saturday morning long run, the chances of me getting out of bed to get to Rogue at 5:30 are slim to none. I just can't get my fat-tard butt out of bed. I told Clemmie, Dee, and Ruth that I would do the Tuesday morning workout since we were all planning on going to Sisson's office hours.

I set my alarm for 4:30, snoozed it till 5:15am. Too late to get there. I got completely dressed to run, and made the mistake of looking at my Weatherbug on the computer. 38 degrees. Hell naw!! I packed my stuff, did some things around the house and did my run after work and was late to office hours.

Workout: warm up, then run 4 miles at MGP, cool down.

I parked on the trail and did the 7 mile loop from Mopac to 35. The warm up felt good, but I automatically start freaking out at the effort level for a 10:00 min mile, wondering how running 1:00 minute per mile. Then I start getting competitive about who's passing me on the trails. Things run through my mind like, "she's fat, she shouldn't be passing me", "look at her form, she sucks, why's she passing me." AND THEN as I was getting onto the 35 bridge there was this asian chick behind me that looked like she was crawling!! I thought to myself, "I've got her beat!" then two minutes later she's passing me!! Just goes to show, I'm an idiot and all kinds of people can run fast. I would just rather assume that you have to look like our Fasties look in Team Rogue or our Mandi in Ruth's group. Super cut, slim, no body fat. Just goes to show that I can't judge the book by it's cover.

After the asian chick passed me, my Garmin beeped and it was time to go for MGP for 4 miles. Effort felt hard for the first 2 miles, but the last two felt like gold. Every time I looked at my Garmin it showed I was running faster (MGP 9:00) like 8:35, 8:47, but I ignored it thinking it was my run today solo. After checking my splits, I've realized I'm not looking at my Garmin but every 3 miles as Sisson prescribed.

1) 9:52
2) 9:44
3) 8:57
4) 8:59
5) 8:59
6) 8:55
7) 10:33

Not too shabby :) Good confidence booster. I did find myself slipping into, maybe I should just go for 3:50, but now I see that my 9:00 mile will be perfect till mile 18-20 and then I'm going balls to the wall chasing to see if I can get to under 3:55. I just can't wait. 9:00 even mile, puts me at 3:56. I know 150% positive that I can get to mile 18-20. I think I will have some ups and downs mentally, but I know in my heart if I just tell the negative thoughts to STFU, that this is MY race, then I can and will do it!!! After that, I'm going to imagine myself on the track for SoulBuster II. I thought I was dying on those last 4 miles, but with a couple cheers from Sisson, I dug and I got there. I left it on the track and I'm going to leave in out in California. This is my race. My goal and my game is going to see how much I can shave off 3:56 in the last miles. If I can dig out 8:30s for the last 6.2, that's a good 3 minutes, which puts me at 3:53. I'm going to dig. It would be a miracle to run 8:00's and hit my original, "I think this goal is too much, but I'm going to train for it, but now I'm too scared" goal of 3:50. So here are my goals on paper...

A goal: 3:56
B goal: sub 4:00
C Goal: PR from 4:28

what's before A??
Z goal: sub 3:55
Y goal: sub 3:53
X dream, holy shit, I'd crap my pants goal: 3:49:59

2 comments:

Amy said...

You might want to bring spare pants. Just in case. :)

You're gonna tear it up out there. I can't wait to anxiously click reload and watch for your time!

meredith said...

Priscilla - You have worked so hard for this and I am so excited for you. Smile and enjoy the celebration of everything you have done to get to the race healthy and ready to rock!!