Thursday, December 18, 2008

I won $10,000!!!!


Well, first let me say how much I love my job. It's cliche to say that we're one big family, but the relationships we have are awesome. I really love my job. This week is Secret Santa. Yes, some people might say how quirky and retarded doing the "office holiday spirit" type things are, but coming from working in a husband/wife business for 10 years, I totally indulge and LOVE this crazy Michael Scott type stuff.
Secret Santa gift #1 - Monday....
I recieved a small wrapped box labeled, small adhesive dot rolls. First thought was, "Cool!!! Someone really put some thought into this!" We were also decorating cubes, and my plan was to cover my entire cube with wrapping bows. I thought these "adhesive dots" were to help with the bow applicating. Wrong! I open the box and there's a little red bag with embroidery on it. "You've been naughty" Inside there was coal. Great gag gift. I loved it.
Secret Santa gift #2 - Tuesday...
$10 Starbucks card... I don't drink coffee.. but I've gotten a lot of hot chocolate.
Secret Santa gift #3 - Wednesday....
Lottery tickets. Everyone in the office knows I love to gamble, I frequent poker games when my running allows it. So I'm scratching and holy shit! I won $10,000. To be brief... I immediately started screaming... "Holy shit, holy shit, come check this out, did I really win, is this a winner." And my entire, yes entire office walks over, handing the card from person to person as I sit at my desk shaking, sweating and my mind racing. I immediately thought, "I can buy a tri bike for this Ironman, I can buy our Idaho tickets, I can buy, I can buy... I need to give my Secret Santa $2,000... over and over" One of my coworkers says, "Check it on the website." So I, in all the madness, pull up the website and see my ticket. I didn't, but thought I did. This went on for about 10 legitimate FULL minutes. My boss called.. and I say, "Matt, guess what... holy shit. Shut the fuck up, guess what???" I told him and he got just as excited as I did. He told me to take the rest of the day off. I replied that we had a meeting and I still had some things to finish and he said screw it, take the day off, leave, go redeem. And this is when I turn the card over and read in detail.
To redeem, please take this to Yo Mama's House. It was fake. Merry F-ing Christmas to me :)

5 comments:

MW said...

HAHAHHA

"please take this to Yo Mama's House"

chuckd said...

holy crap that is funny. brutal. but funny.

Dee said...

FOOL...I can just see your butt freaking out. Gotta love the office parties.

kirsten said...

OMG - what a great idea. I have a co worker who is in Vegas now. I wonder where you get a fake lotto ticket like that from. She needs one that says a million bucks!

Julia said...

OMG...that is freaking hysterical!!! You must work with a bunch of Brits...definately their humor!!! too funny girlfriend!!