Thursday, December 11, 2008

Friends Forever


Well, I'm not going to lie, going into this trip, I had some doubts that we'd all still be friends when the trip was over :) HAAA!!! NOT! These two girls are by far the greatest gals in all the world. Lori's got the full blown truth factor. You don't ever have to worry about her not telling you what she thinks, whether it be my choice in men, my running, or as simple as my fashionable wardrobe. Dee on the other hand, has been the ears for me this past year. Run after run after run, she's heard me cry and miss Adrian when we were apart. She's heard all of my stories of my dysfunctional family. She's been the voice of reason when things didn't go my way when it comes to men, relationships, friendships and other random things. These two women are the best. I was at my last job for almost 10 years, and I was too scared to leave. Too scared to see what was out there, too scared that I might fail, but the moment I said I was ready, they were with pen in hand to help me with my resume, give me advice on interviewing skills, and opinions on job offerings. It's funny, I had only been with my new employer for 6 months when the producer I was working for decided to move. In the insurance industry, and with his contract, he was able to take one employee with him. Having only been there for 6 months, he chose me and I'm forever grateful to have had Lori and Dee to lean on. They were a huge part in me getting the job I love and have today. My boss and I joke around alot and one day, we discussed my hiring.. and he said the one thing that stood out and topped it off for him was the thank you card I sent. Not sure which one told me to do this, but it sealed the deal on me getting the job vs. other candidates.

It's very rare that you come across friends like this and I'm forever grateful. I know friends come and go, but in my heart I know these fools will be a part of my life forever. They've made me want to become a better person in all aspects of my life. They've taught me that settling isn't an option and I deserve more in life. More from my job, more from the man I decide to share my life with, more from my coach, more from running, more from friends, and life in general.

Thank you, fools. I can't imagine my life without you crazy crackheads. And thank you Rogue for bringing them to me :)

1 comment:

Dee said...

FOOL...you are the one that sounds like you are on crack! Quit mentioning our names.