Saturday, December 20, 2008

16 miles of P-lic :)

Time: 6:30am
Location: Runtex to Rogue
People: P-lic and Foho
Weather: Humid, but not cold :)
Workout: attempt 16
Comments: I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous to jump back on the bus this morning. 16 miles was the shortest option for the Runtex to Rogue run. Lori was up for it, and I was up for trying. I figured if I felt like poo, I could just hitch a ride back with one of the coaches at the water stops. I woke up early, and ended up getting to Runtex at 6:00 and noticed a TON of runners there. Looks like the run started at 6am instead of 6:30, whoops. I came prepared with $$$ and was able to small talk with Ruth as we waited for a couple late runners.

Lori and I started off and I was pretty paranoid about running too slow for her pace. It's nice to run with Lori cause we're the same type of runner. It takes us a few miles to get warmed up so I wasn't too worried about pace in the beginning. I think I might have actually been pushing it more than I had to in the beginning for fear of being too slow. The conversation flowed as it always does with Lori, Dee, Linda and I. We got to catch up on all kinds of good stuff :) The miles were clicking away and it was at a nice easy slow pace.

Here's our splits, we averaged 10:34's, I'm totally happy with that!

1) 10:32
2) 10:36
3) 10:54
4) 10:13
5) 10:16
6) 11:43
7) 10:09
8) 10:37
9) 10:28
10) 10:05
11) 10:38
12) 9:57
13) 10:08
14) 12:14 SNAP, that's slow :) This was the trail run, I'll explain later...
15) 10:44
16) 9:39 short by .03

We get to the water underneath Mopac on the trail and hydrate and Lori is the most anti-trail running fool I've ever known. Most people continue on the trail till they can turn to get to downtown. Others run the Scenic route, some go the Zilker route, but not us. Here I was, stuck with Dee's twin, "Let's go this way." Yep... Team Rogue is over for me and I still get myself in the same predicaments. We crossed the street and went up the concrete path, but then we went up this Ladera Norte trail hill and before I knew it, I was running on Mopac!! Ok, I'm exaggerating, but we went the Dee way to get to 6th street. We ran all the way down to Congress and the mileage was perfect.

Great run with one of my BFF's. Glad to have my legs back and super happy to be back up to 16 miles :) Thanks Lori, I couldn't have done that alone...

3 comments:

kirsten said...

That's impressive. I was hating life on that run due to the humidity. Managed to get the 10 miles MGP in but the last 3 miles cool down were a death march for me. I don't like the trail either because it hurts my feet.

kristenbaucher said...

i'm jealous you're getting your mileage in. i'm stuck on a treadmill for 5 more days! good job getting back in to things!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great run, Fool! I can't wait until we show this run to Dee.

P-lic