Monday, December 1, 2008

Weekend full of tapering

Friday, I worked half a day. Surprised Adrian with tickets to Cirque Dreams. We got all dressed up in Austin wardrobe.. jeans and comfy shirts, had a ubber fancy dinner at Souper Salads, then ventured to the show. Pretty amazing acrobats. My favorite were the two balancing guys. Have no clue how they balance on some of the things they did.

Saturday, I only ran 10. Taper madness in full effect. I've become super paranoid. Around mile 8-9, my calf felt tight and ouchy. I cut the run short and only did 10. Adrian went for a 3.5 hour bike ride with a buddy. While I was showering after my run, he doused me with a big ole cup of cold water. While he showered, I got him back. Hilarious times :) These are the moments I missed so much when we weren't together. We're big into practical jokes, and what's better than seeing the one you love covered in soap and gasping for air as you splash ice cold water. Two weeks ago, after a 20+ miler, I was doing my ice bath and he came in and turned on the jets to the bathtub!!! I thought I was going to die!!! Good stuff.

Sunday, I laid around till around 2pm. Slept in. Ate more salad, wierd craving??? Watched a ton of goofy shows.

Monday, attempted to work. Really tried to work, but instead helped coordinate the rest of the dinner reservations for Friday. Last day of work is Wednesday and it can't get here soon enough.

I've quit stressing about the race. It's gonna happen and I need to just let it happen. Being female, I tend to overanaylze... I'm going to quit overanalyzing my race. Get to California and just let it happen, have a good time while doing it, remember to smile, and be grateful to have the legs underneath me to make something as magical as another marathon happen :)

No comments: