Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lori + Garmin = LONG RUN!

This mornings long run for me started slow. I can definitely tell I've gained weight from my hiatus of eating since CIM. I've completely enjoyed every food my mouth and heart has desired.

The morning was extremely humid and I felt like we were barely trotting along, but I wasn't complaining because the slow pace was about all my Ms. Chubbers could handle. So here's how it went down.

Run started at 6:30am. And we run, and run, and run... Around mile 5.5 (according to Lori's Garmin) we stopped at a convenience store for water and Gu. And then we run and run and run and run. We stop at a water stop.

Priscilla: Lori, what mile are we at??
Lori: I don't know, 7 point something...
Priscilla to Dee: FOOL, why are you Gu'ing again, we just gu'ed at 5???
Dee: I don't know, I feel like, leave me alone!!
Lori: chuckles, but Dee and Priscilla have no idea.

So we keep running, and running, and running. We run into a ton of Karen's north group. Give a ton of high five's, lots of hugs. It was great seeing everyone out. We ran into Brian Plunkett and he was still in his Team Rogue uniform from CIM, too cute!!

And then, lo and behold.

Dee: How LONG have we been running??
Lori: Uh... huh??
Dee: How LONG have we been running??
Priscilla: I don't know, I don't have a watch on.
Lori: I don't know, 2 hours.
Dee: WHAT??
Priscilla: FOOL!
Dee: FOOL
Lori: (laughing her ass off)

We stopped running by this time. We start to do calculations. On Christmas we ran 8.4 miles in an 1:20. We've run 2 hours, so we must have been well over 10. Our objective this morning was to run 10, and Lori forgot to restart her Garmin at one of our stops, so we just kept running and running till her Garmin read 10. We finally got back to our cars, and I don't think the Garmin ever hit 10, we must have run 15-16 miles. We ended at 2:51 minutes of being on the roads. We did stop at two convenience stores and stop to look at a house being renovated, but still. We ran for a good 2:30. Never got lost, we were doing a "Let's go this way" run and it lead all over town. I love these runs... just running and running and lots of talking.

Moral of today's story: Lori can not be trusted with being in charge of the distance for runs anymore. Same goes for me and picking out jeans.

Next objective: Lori and Dee are going to pick out a SHORT hair cut for me. I'm planning to chop off my hair, COMPLETELY. New year, new year, new training.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! This is hilarious!!!

I can totally see Dee sassin' you about her gu'ing.

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant.

What will we do without you there :-(

Anonymous said...

DANG! I didn't even get to throw in the strides. Want me to wear my Garmin for our Wednesday run? I GOT this!

P-lic

Dee said...

FOOL...I mapped it out and I came up with 15 freaking miles. Lori is FIRED! I think from now on, we should have run assignments/duties.
Fool (Dee) - distance/directions
Foolish (Priscilla) - garmin/topics
Foolish Fool (Lori) - water/potty stops