Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I survived...

Well, I survived. I got home after work yesterday, tried on my bathing suit to find more rolls than a bakery :) I've gained some weight and felt like the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man. I tried to get out of going, but both Dee and Steve wouldn't let me. And they were right, if I would have waited till the class was completely full, it would have been worse. It was freaking freezing last night, but the pool was wonderful. Nice and warm. I'm definitely out of shape in the water, but I'm glad I was able to get a good workout in.

There are two different levels, T1 and T2. T1 being for the slower beginner, such as myself. T2 being for the more advanced swimmers. I hung out in the slowest lane and did the T1 workout. Chrissy was awesome in explaining the drills and everything to me. The entire T1 workout was to be 2600 meters, and I cut it short at a little over 2000. Yay for me! That's over a mile!!! I was pooped and my shoulders are sore from using the paddles, but it's all good. Looking forward to becoming a faster more efficient swimmer. I definitely need to start working on my core and upper body. I could barely use the paddles last night because my arms are so weak :)

3 comments:

Dee said...

FOOL! I'm so proud of you for going to the workout. You are one step ahead of the other newbies.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job!!! 2000m is a lot to start with (at least I think)!

kirsten said...

I'da drowned!