Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day and ramblings

Woke up on Christmas morning and met the Cookies for a run. It was especially nice this time because Dee's husband Steve and my honey came with us. We started at our normal Burnet Road location and ran 8.5 miles at a nice conversational easy pace. Adrian and Steve ran up ahead and Dee, Lori, and I were able to run easy behind them.

Lots of gossip to catch up on. Dee's son AJ graduated from college, so we got to talk about the graduation, their Vegas trip, Lori's VO2 max testing, and a few other things. Definitely not long enough to talk about everything else we wanted to.

Got home, showered and headed to the movie. We went to see Marley and Me. What a freaking tear jerker. Both Adrian and I were bawling our eyes out with the rest of the theater. Came home, picked up our boys and went on a 2.5 mile walk around City Park. The boys had a good time. Came home, I took a 2 hour nap as Adrian cleaned up around the house. Ended the evening with a nice healthy dinner of chicken, broccoli, and a salad.

Today, I'm working from home. Doing little things here and there. Adrian's going for a ride later, and I might venture out on my bike as well. I found a recipe for shrimp stew that I might try and cook for dinner tonight. Here's to eating better.

2 comments:

kirsten said...

I second the eating better. I was not doing well - way too much sugar. I declined an invite to xmas dinner last night and instead had salad and homemade wonton soup. Continuing to work at it. My goal is to actually feel hungry.
Sounds like a nice xmas - I went on a run, rode my horse, watched a little TV and was asleep by 9pm.

Unknown said...

Nice holiday!

However, we need to get to work on Kamran's black book;-)

I'll work on the quotes. I'm glad someone else likes them too.

I read Marley & Me and cried the whole way through. Not sure I could make the movie.