Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Humbling Recovery Run Part II

Time: 6:00pm
Location: Burnet Rd
People: Dee and Lori
Weather: Cool, kinda chilly standing still
Workout: 5 miles easy
Comments: Ouch again. I can't figure out if my pains are from racing IBM or my sports massage on Monday. Either or, it's messing with me mentally. During our run, which I must admit I was in charge of the route :) I had to fall back towards the last mile. I had the same pain in my right ankle and a twinge in my left calf. Not gonna lie, I shouldn't be complaining because I got stuck at work late and didn't roll before the run. While struggling to keep up, I decided that maybe I shouldn't race the San Antonio half. I don't want to have to take a week to recover, although I'm not even sure if we have the green light to race it anyways. Lori had a good idea that I could use it to run my MGP. I might do that! We'll have to see what Ruth has to say.

The run was fun. I took us into territory that we haven't run in a long time. Got to look in a renovated house, got to let Lori reminisce about some AIA homes, got to run without knowing where I was going. I had mapped out a 5 mile course on the USAT site, and even made a trip ticket. Only a few minor mistakes :) This lead to lots of, "Foho, are you sure??" Hehehehe, it was fun. I'm debating on taking tomorrow off, I have an ART appt on Friday and I really want to be 100% on Friday. We'll see.

Soul Buster #3 this weekend :)

3 comments:

MW said...

We call that free running, and I love it! Just run for the sake of running in some general direction! woo hoo.

As much as i hate to correct people on their blogs, I have to correct you... this weekend is not a SB.

It's simply LAB. 15 miles at MGP.
Don't start throwing around that SB word too easily!

There is one coming, but i can't tell you the details as I'm sworn to secrecy. If you attended the Office Hours, then maybe you too, would know. hahah

I like your idea of MGP at san antone... why risk using up your glycogen stores for a meaningless 1/2 marathon. Don't get caught up in the moment. Your 'A' race will be looming. A 1/2 marathon RACE 3 weeks before is NOT your A race. It's like those people that never fully recover from 3M and don't hit their goals at AT&T. (i'm guilty of that!)

Unknown said...

I agree with Wiley. I totally got caught up in 3M and missed my goal at AT&T...not worth it;-)

hope your calf & ankle are better!

kirsten said...

Did you do an ice bath yet?? I think that helped me as well as my ART yesterday. I felt just great today on our medium long run. Of course it was in the 50's and not humid - maybe that was it!