Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Way to go, Blondie!!

Time: 6:15pm
Location: Old School, Burnet Rd
Workout: 4-5 miles easy
Weather: humid, but sprinkly, nice, and cool
People: Cookies! Lori, Dee, and I
Comments: Ahhh, what an enjoyable run. We met on Burnet Road where we used to meet two years ago when we were in the regular marathon training. We would run these roads over and over and over. It was nice going back. It the back of my mind, I was reminiscing about how much I've grown since then. I've become a better person in just a short amount of time. I've learned to stand up for what I want, I've learned to do what I want to do, I've got all the joy I can possibly contain right now.

Over the last 6 months, I've gone from being on top of the world to being lost, unsure of myself, and within the last few weeks, I've really felt like everything in my life has fallen into place. Work has been stressful with our transition, but in the last week, I've found my stride. I'm making headway and moving forward with work. The love of my life has re-entered as I dreamt of and we're taking things slow, but it's amazing how much joy we were both missing from each other. He's my everything and I'm looking forward to our future filled with laughs. My friends couldn't be anymore kick ass. From poker friends, that are finally realizing that when I say I can't go because I have a run, they understand and wish me well. To my running friends, that have become my life. To making new friends, to becoming closer to ones I don't know, and etc.

Ok, to the good stuff. The run was excellent. We ran almost 7 miles because we were talking, talking, talking. Dee and I have since moved to Ruth's group and so far we're really enjoying it. Blondie was on fire tonight. She didn't even realize how fast we had her running, we just need to remember to talk Obama and she keeps up without any fight. I think 3 out of 4 of us let out some toots, and that was hilarious. I won't get into details, but we all shared some much needed girl talk and it was awesome. I love them!!

Totally stoked about IBM coming up this weekend. PR city, here I come!!

6 comments:

kirsten said...

Whoa...what happened. How come you moved to Ruth's grp. I'll miss you guys on Tues/Thurs.

Javier said...

Yes, we will miss you. However I have also trained with Ruth and that is a great group too.
Also, I think many of us have had stressful situations at work like you did. I had to change jobs a couple of months ago (same company) since they are moving my former coworkers to another city, but I could find a better job in this hard environment. It is a matter of hard work as you said.
It is great you have love in your life again. Congrats.

Dee said...

I don't know how you girls are able to toot so easily.

Anonymous said...

Riiighhhtt...BFDee knows she saw a moose!

That was the most enjoyable run I've had in a long time. Thanks!!

P-lic

Priscilla said...

It just works better with me working downtown. My work is going a little crazy and it's nice to be 2 minutes away rather than having to fight traffic :) I'll see you guys on Saturday's!!!

Javier said...

I can understand that. I went downtown for years to run but after my job became more hectic I moved to the north. That saves me about 30 min of driving one way.