Thursday, October 2, 2008

Running Friends = Friends for Life


Time: 6:30pm
Location: Advanced Rehab, Anderson Lane
Weather: Kinda warm
Workout: 4-5 miles, easy
People: Blondie, BFDee, and Foho
Comments: I was looking forward to this run. P-lic was supposed to join us, but double booked herself by accident. It was her woman's birthday so she had a special dinner to cook. We got started on the run and it was all about catching up. I talk to Dee on a daily basis, but Blondie has been doing her own thing and just recently started getting back into it. I'm so proud of her, she's doing such a good job!


Blondie ran 6 yesterday and told us she would only run 3. We started off and immediately I forgot about the big glass of water I had before I left work and had to potty. We stopped for a potty break. We ran through our old neighborhoods. Two years ago, we trained religiously on these roads, because it was part of the Austin marathon course. We caught Blondie up on all the recent gossip. I filled her in on my new big news :) Blondie got us up to date with all her recent news and it was talky talky the whole way. Dee kept doing her, "Let's go this way..." and Blondie was oblivious to the distraction. At one point, we were going to turn around to go back to the grocery store to use the restroom and she convinced Blondie that it was shorter to run BACK than to go forward, hahaha!! She's sneaky.


We had a nice run.. I miss those runs where we just talk, talk, talk. I wish P-lic could have been there... and Nemo. 2.1 miles later.. Dee conned Blondie into running 5.1.


These crazy girls are girls that I know will be lifelong friends... another reason why I run. Where else will you find friends like this???

2 comments:

Julia said...

It is the adult (kinda) version of playing outside with your friends...the best memories from childhood combined with wonderful, funny, and insightful adult girlfriend talk. Nothing better!!

Dee said...

It was a great way to catch up and get a run in.