Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Whoops!

Time: 6:00pm
Location: Rogue Equipment, Eastside Track
People: Dee and I, with Mandi and Tim and Bobby's Group and Panthers Group.
Weather: Humid
Workout: 200 meters at your 5k pace, 100 meter recovery, repeat up to 20 times
Comments: I got stuck at work till around 5:45 and since I wasn't going to make the drive in bumper to bumper traffic (that's what happens when there's a drop of water on the ground) I decided to crash Ruth's group.

Dee and I ran to the track, and whew, felt slow and my legs felt heavy. I remembered my 10k 200 meter split, but forgot my 5k. I knew my pace should have been a 7:37, but couldn't manage to do the math. I thought it was 57 seconds, but after arguing with Dee, decided to go with 55 seconds, to be on the safe side. Workout started, and I was too fast. 52 seconds. Next one, 53 seconds. I didn't keep track of all my splits, but I ran probably 15 of them at 52 seconds. I felt like I was slowing down towards the end, but would have enough kick to end up at 52. I have one at 51, and one at 50. All of the others were 52.

Disclaimer: 52 seconds = 6:58 per mile pace, WAY TOO FAST! (But holy crap, that's awesome!)

I get home, look up my paces and WHOOPS! I was running my one mile to two mile pace!! YIkes... but I'm happy that I did 20 of them. I thought for a split second of stopping at 18, but continued on. I'm proud that Dee and I both did 20 repeats. We rocked it.

I'm super excited about IBM 10k. I'm going to try and hit my 10k pace, and if I do I'll have a huge PR. I can't wait!! I need to look my current 10k PR, I bet it's really slow :)

Good job us!!

3 comments:

Dee said...

That was definitely an awesome workout and an awesome confidence builder.

Amy said...

Missed you last night! But sounds like you had an amazing workout. Congratulations!

Javier said...

You did a good workout.

We did 3 miles of 200's at 5k followed by 200 easy, and 2 miles continous at 10k pace. The 5k and 10k miles were interleaved. So it was fun.