Thursday, October 9, 2008

I have ISSUES!



Time: 6:00pm

Location: Rogue/Trail

Workout: 10-12 miles easy

Weather: fine, but then cool and nice!

People: Dee and I

Comments: So I'm not sure what Ruth was smoking, but she sent Dee and I an email last week asking if we wanted to model some running skirts. OH LORD!! The two biggest wise cracks of Team Rogue and she wants us representing Rogue... on local tv... LIVE?? So we had to get "fitted and styled" and today was the only day that worked out for the 4 of us that were doing it. I got there first, and thank goodness... I got to pick out my outfit first. I match, which is rare. Tracy, an IronChick got there 2nd... and Dee. Well... she got there last. She's going to kill me for this, but I couldn't resist. Check out this H-O-T outfit of hers :)

OK, ok.. I can't. As much as I'm giggling over here, I just can't post the picture. But I can explain it. It was a running skirt with capri tights and the pattern on those tights were LOUD, and she had a matching long sleeve shirt in the same awful pattern as the tights. It was hilarious. And if you know Dee.. she was profiling in that outfit. Flauntin' it.. making it look good. Before too long, I was thinking she was cute in it!!

So long story short, we're gonna be on the morning news tomorrow, please Lord, help us get through 3 minutes of live taping without cracking up and making them switch it to commercial!

Run: This is where I have issues. Dee and I have been running together off and on all season. We have the agreement between each other that if one is feeling it, they run ahead, if one is not, no hurt feelings and you drop back. We want the best for each other, and this is genuine. Well... except on these runs where it starts to get darker earlier and we're not with the group. We take off from Rogue after our fittings and we're off. We run into Blondie and take her back to the Mopac bridge for her to complete her 5 miles, then it's Dee and myself... alone. We sight some dogs (uh hum..) and a squirrel (double loud, uh hum) and it's giggles to the point of stopping, hunching over, and praying that it stops so I can breathe.

ISSUES: We're running a pretty good pace... and by that I mean for us. We're decent, low 10:00's. My legs still feel the fatigue from rocking it on Tuesday's Texas 10k. This fool turns on her Billy Goat. And there I am... I can see the wrong when it's happening, but there's something about Dee that unless you know her, know her, you just won't understand. She has this power. So for instance, we're running. Light is red, it's okay to run.. but I yell out, "Watch out for the cars turning!!" and there I am... right on her heels oblivious to what's coming out of my mouth. There we are again, Congress... red light, but it's about to switch and not only do we have to cross the road, we have to cross 5 WIDE lanes of traffic. I scream out again, "Fool, we won't make it, STOP!!" but there I am... Billy Goatin' it across Congress at our 5k pace. And I'm the one that gets screamed at.

I've got issues...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure how we didnt cross paths last night. I started at Pfluger bridge around 615 and went down to Mopac.