Thursday, October 2, 2008

Run for my sanity

Time: 11:15pm
Weather: Perfect
People: Me
Workout: 4 easy
Comments: I couldn't wake up this morning in time to get the run in this morning, so I opted for the evening. I played poker with the guys. Out of 20 guys, I made it to 6th. Not bad, but it was mine own fault for a stupid play. I got home around 10pm and got hooked on my reality shows. I've got some personal things going on, and my mind has been racing the last few days. I needed to run to get some of the anxiety out. I went out and ended up doing 5.4 miles, nice and easy pace. I was running nice and slow because my mind was going ten million miles a minute. On the way back, I saw a guy running his dog. First thought was, "how nice, he's running his dog", then he turned behind me... which I guess it was instinct made me pick up the pace. Before I knew it I was 100% spooked and I swear he kept getting closer and closer. I made it home ok, but I need to not do this. It's not worth risking getting mugged or something. I had to run though. It's stupid of me to run this late, alone. Oh well, glad I'm safe at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats scary. glad you made it home alright!

Julia said...

Do NOT do that!! Running at weird hours is fun and running late at night can be really run...just don't do that alone! The wimpiest man is surprisingly strong! Have a sleep over with your girlfriends and run around the neighborhood with them!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear there's crap going on, but I'm glad running is helping, at least a little. - Leslie