Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Humbling Recovery Run

Time: 6:00pm
Location: Rogue Equipment
Weather: Nice
People: Clemmie, Dee, and I on the run, Ruth's group that passed us, haha!
Workout: 8-10 miles easy
Comments: OUCH! I had a conversation with Dee today and told her that my confidence has never been higher. I'm still on cloud 9 about my huge PR from Sunday. I've been running 4 years, and never in a million years did I think I'd be able to run what I ran on Sunday. Neat stuff. I've been gloating about it all week.

Over dinner last night with my honey, I asked him what he thought the possibility was of me running a race (any distance, 5k even) at a pace under 7:00. Just barely, a 6:59. I wondered if it were possible, if I kept working as hard as I have been if it would take 2-3 years... and he said, "I bet you could do it in 2-3 months". So sweet, but this comes from a guy that just got into triathlons LAST year and now he's training with Brandon Marsh and he's placing in the top 3. This is a guy that when we first started dating last year, hated to run and I convinced him that marathoning is like nothing he's ever done before. And he runs a 3:27 for his FIRST marathon with just regular Rogue training. His potential has gone through the roof and I believe he still has the best to come. So after running for 4 years, I think I'm tapped on my speed, then this Team Rogue comes around and shows me I actually can get faster. The possibilities are endless and I'm extremely excited about running, more than I've been in a long time. I can honestly say I'm genuinely excited about what I have in store, and this is without the pressures of friends doing programs or feeling like I should do something.. it's genuine from the heart, excitement to find out my potential.

As for the run, Clemmie and Dee were on fire. My legs felt like bricks and I blame my race on Sunday and my massage I got from Martin yesterday. He worked pretty hard on my legs, and within the first few minutes of running, I felt new pains in my lower legs. Walking around now, hours after the run, I'm a little worried that he might have worked too deep. I have an ART appt on Friday, so I'll have Dr. Fluitt check out the new soreness and just make sure I haven't done something stupid this close to California. I'm planning to wake up early tomorrow before work and rolling it out.

Looking forward to running tomorrow with the girls, nice slow easy run. Let's hope my legs are a little more accomodating to a faster pace.

2 comments:

kirsten said...

ICE BATH!!! WILL DO WONDERS.

Charles said...

You keep up the training and it will happen. Let me share Geezer's Law (kind of like Moore's law for computer chips): My 10K PR pace becomes my Marathon pace within 12 months. It has worked for 4 years. My new 10K PR means I will be running a 2:48:40 at CALI next year! Whoo Hoo!