Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No Stratford, bummer... NOT!

Time: 6:00pm
Location: The Rock
Workout: 2 loops of NOT Stratford :) Robert E Lee, Barton Hills and some other streets I can't remember the names of
People: Ruth's Group, ran with Clemmie and Dee
Weather: Uh... cold!
Comments: So it was my first workout back from having three days off from no exercise and four days off from not running. And what a day I decided to come back to!! Ruth decided that doing Stratford at 6pm was too dangerous due to the traffic so we had an altered route, yay!! I learned a ton today and had a great run. Before the workout started, we were told to attack the hills, relax on the downhills. Interesting.. different from what I've known in the past. I'm always up for trying new things to make me a better runner. We take off and almost immediately Clemmie is in the lead, with Dee following and me in the back. Wow, we're running FAST! The last moment before I let Dee go, I asked her to check her Garmin... she said 8:48, wow, that's my MGP! I let her go and try my hardest without having to struggle too much to keep up. I keep my eye on her. It's amazing how much Dee motivates me and how Clemmie motivates her. It was the perfect train. The BSSW have the 3:10 train and I'd say after today, we have a 3:59 train :)

2nd loop was interesting cause we tried a different climbing technique and I loved it. Felt more natural and I think I actually like charging hills :) Good workout. Dee's overall pace was a 9:21 (YAY, Dee!!!) so I probably averaged 9:30's... good workout. Loved the route, loved the flags that showed the way, loved everything about the workout.

Looking forward to tomorrow's girl run with the Cookies :) Let's see if they leave me in charge of another run, hehehe.

2 comments:

kirsten said...

You know I kinda like that little loop - we did that at HMGP a couple of times last year.

Dee said...

Ummm...you are not part of the 3:59:59 train, get back on the 3:50 car train.