Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mt Bonnell who??

Time: 5:30am
Weather: perfect and cool
People: Team Rogue, but for the run just Dee and I
Workout: 22 easy
Comments: I was nervous about this run for some reason. I'm not sure if it was because my nutrition has changed over the past 2 weeks and I was anxious or because with each long run, we're that much closer to Sacramento. Dee was late, as usual and getting lost together seems to be a thing of normalcy with us. All I have to say about that is that I'm glad that the marathon course will be marked in California, cause we'd for sure get lost on roads we've never run as opposed to us always getting lost on the roads we've been running for 4+ years!!!

I've been pretty adamant about rolling and I'm finally seeing the results in my runs. I'm no longer having tight calf issues, although my heel pain is still there and it seems to be gradually getting worse, eek! The beginning was funny, cause we immediately went the wrong way. I had printed out the 24 mile route before Killer sent out the email saying we were only doing 22. I was tempted to go farther, I wanted to go farther, but I didn't. I figured this would be a stupid weekend to try the longer distances with the next Soul Buster on the horizon.

Before we knew it we had "billy goated" up Mt. Bonnell, Exposition, and Balcones. The pace felt awesome, we were running faster than we normally do, but it felt just fine. The intramural fields reminded me of trail running and the loop around the golf course was a nice change from the roads. I really miss trail running and can't wait to incorporate some more after Sacramento. I think this morning was one of a very few, if not only times I've run up Mt. Bonnell without slowing down or stopping. I think I've done it non-stop before, but I've never done it running full speed and not letting the pace slow, so I was super happy about that.

I always enjoy seeing the other runners. We borrowed some water from the Gazelles, and made sure it was offered before we took. We met three sisters that are training for New York. We met a small group of women on Hancock that Dee "saw a dog" before saying "Good Morning" to. We saw a rabbit/giant squirrel/donkey cross the street. We giggled more than once about goofy things. I got to do my fair shoutouts of "good jobs" to fellow runners, sitters, smokers, and workers :)

Good run... looking forward to the Soul Buster... and I'm super happy to report that if Dee and I would have kept the "easy" pace that we were running and continued it for the full 26.2, we would have both PR'ed with around a 4:27. That's crazy to think about. I talked to more than one person today that was in the same type of shock. A PR on an EASY run, that's unheard of. Team Rogue is working and we're all seeing the benefits.

Woo hoo!!

Now here's a shout out to all my peeps doing Longhorn tomorrow, go kick some ass!!!! Go Steve, Go Nemo, Go Amy, Go Sabrina, and Go Lil Amber!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, FoHo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Thats awesome. And thanks for the shout out!

Julia said...

It is gonna be a good marathon girls! good job!