Friday, October 24, 2008

OFF Days

Thursday - I took off. I got stuck at work, it was one of those crazy, crazy workdays and I ended up working an 11 hour day trying to get some proposals out for a morning meeting. I also decided that the extra day off would do my legs good since they were still feeling crappy. I also think I'm starting to come down with a cold or something. Extra day off.

Friday - Already an OFF day, but I was tired all day again. I went to bed the night before at 8pm, slept the entire night and was at work at 7:30am. Got two big insurance proposals out, found out we got both accounts :) Yay!!! I still wasn't feeling 100% so I'm on the fence about running tomorrow's run. My ego tells me that I haven't missed a long run since Team Rogue started, why now?? Other part, thank you Dee, says that I need to look at the bigger picture. I think my body is telling me that I need the rest. I'm going to bed here soon and depending on how I feel at 4:30am, I'll make my decision. I'm leaning towards taking another day off, but not sure if my ego will let me. I might just show up and try. I can do the 4 mile warm up, do 1-2 loops at easy pace if I'm not feeling it and head back. We'll see. Or I might take the responsible route and let my body rest. Ugh...

2 comments:

kirsten said...

Hey - we ran on the Austin marathon course today and I saw your's and Dee's name still on the course from last year!! I hope you feel better soon - make sure you are eating enough despite the diet you may still be on.

Kate said...

Listen to your body. Rest! And don't feel guilty about it. You're no slacker. Ken says hello, and rest, even though he refuses to.