Sunday, October 12, 2008

Recovery Run after Soul Buster

Time: 5:00pm
Location: Home/Jollyville
Weather: Warm, but not hot
People: Me
Comments: OUCH! I woke up this morning around 9am. I felt ok, but ended up napping on and off until 3pm. No joke, 1-2 hour naps until I could finally not sleep any more. I got up, did three loads of laundry, put fresh sheets on the bed, vacummed, swept, mopped and cleaned. After reading the post that Steve put about "Exhaustion" I was pysched to say I was a 2, for sure! After doing this run, I'm changing it to a 2.5. OMG, incentive to stay eating healthy!! It felt like I was running with 20 lbs of extra weight. My legs felt like big ole bricks. Quads were sore, calves were sore, and my breathing was erratic from the start. This is what I remember the last of the marathon feeling like. When you know your body can go, but everything is telling it not to. I gutted out 4 miles, and tried my hardest to keep it under 11:00 minute miles. Looking forward to tomorrow's day off.

4 miles at 10:42/m - yuck!

No comments: