Sunday, October 5, 2008

Longhorn 70.3

Time: 7:00am - 5pm

Weather: CHILLY, then HOT

People: Sabrina, Amber, Steve, a ton of new T3 friends (Dionne/Erin), Matt, Amy, Nemo... and a ton of others!

Workout: 4 miles easy and LOTS of cheering


Comments: What a fun day!! Dee and I had planned to go cheer and since Steve got there early to get ready, I picked up Ms. Thang on my way. We got there with about 10 minutes to find Steve and others.. and could only find Steve. We wished him well and he was on his way.


It's amazing to see all the shapes, sizes, colors, and ages that do these things. I usually get a little envious when I cheer, cause I want to be out there.. but not today! The thought of riding for 56 left me feeling just fine that I wasn't out there.


Dee and I had fun cheering. A guy was trying to hit on Dee and gave the "You look familiar, I think I know you.. did you grow up here??" line.. and I was giggling so hard, cause I was egging him on.. and this fool busts out with, "I'm in from Chicago." with the straightest of faces. Then she goes over and get a chair and manages to sit in the middle of... nothing. Please refer to pic.

Vendors had to drive around her, women were giving her the, "Oh no, she didn't!" look. It was funny. Oh, and yes.. I was sitting right next to her :)
We had a great time, and it was awesome seeing everyone out there. We saw old running friends from previous Rogue groups, elites from other countries, new friends, old friends, and a mix of others. Good day.
Everyone in our small group that we were out there for PR'ed! Way to go to first time Half Iron'ers Nemo and Amber!! Way to go to Matt and Amy, is it time for a break yet?? Sabrina cut over 50 minutes off her Vineman time and it was awesome to be a part of it!!

2 comments:

kirsten said...

lUCKY YOU...I LIVE ON THE BIKE COURSE AND SLEPT THRU THE WHOLE THING. I DID GO FOR AN EASY 5 MILER TONIGHT ON THE BIKE COURSE AND IT WAS FUN TO SEE ALL THE SIGNS ENCOURAGING THE ATHLETES!!

Amy said...

You guys are awesome for being out there, seeing you was such a boost. Especially when you ran over with gels and vaseline. Too funny.