Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Critical Velocity = Ugh!

Time: 6:15pm
Location: Anderson High School
Weather: Warm, but not hot
People: Team Rogue, ran by myself
Workout: 1 mile warm up, 4 x 1.25 miles at 15k pace (8:09/mi), 1 mile cool down
Comments: Yikes!! So today was the start of a new phase for us. I got there early, rolled my calves and my right IT band that has been tender. Warm up was nice and relaxed and the CV begun. The first one felt hard and trying to find my pace was hard. The second one felt the best and I was the closest on this lap. The 3rd was hard, but I felt like I was running too fast. Every time I looked down my Garmin showed my pace to be sub 8:00. At one point it even showed a 7:35 which is uh... not me ;) I slowed it down, but ended up slowing it too much. The 4th I was just trying to hang on, I was getting tired and it was hard to push the pace. Here are my splits.

Split is supposed to be a 10:09.
1) 10:26 + 17 seconds
2) 10:11 + 2 seconds
3) 10:17 + 8 seconds
4) 10:19 + 10 seconds

Killer said it was better to be a tad bit too slow than to be too fast. Thank goodness for that. I'm looking forward to the 24 miler coming up this weekend :)

1 comment:

StephW said...

Good job Foho... You have gotten so fast!!