Thursday, January 15, 2009

13 Hours...

No, that's not my projected time to do an Ironman, it's the amount of time I slept last night! I went home straight after work, because I had forgotten my swimsuit. I was supposed to run 6 miles, then go to swim class. By the time I fought traffic to get home, I was STARVING. I ate a bowl of soup and a PB&J and decided I didn't have enough time to run AND swim, so I opted to go to swim class. Since class started at 7pm, and it was only 6, I decided to take a cat nap.

I laid down, fully clothed and decided a 30 minute nap would help tremendously, this new training and not having days off is killing me energy-wise. I laid down at 6pm and didn't wake up till 7am this morning. Wow... 13 hours. I feel like a new me right now :) With Team Rogue I had 2 days off, Friday's and Monday's. With Ironman training, I only have Friday (I'm making myself have a day) It's just wierd to go from Saturday's long ride, to Sunday's long run, to jumping right back on the bus Monday's with swim/spin, Tuesday spin, Wednesday.. blah blah blah... and working a full time job is really hindering my training. I'm tired. I'm glad I got my rest in :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I took Mondays as my Off day. I found that helped mentally, since it was right after the long, intense weekend, and Mondays are bad enough without dreading more workouts.