Thursday, January 29, 2009

I need more time!!

It's Thursday night and I'm EXHAUSTED! It's 10:30pm and I know I need to be in bed, but I need some ME time, damn it!!! I've kept to my training schedule like clockwork. I have kept to my nutrition like clockwork, except for tonight. I got freaked out. This Saturday's long ride is the 50 mile version of the Dam loop. I've heard from more than one T3 friend that it's gonna be a hilly son of a female dog! Ugh! I talked to Adrian and he said he'd be VERY proud of me if I could get it done, no matter how long it took.

I'm excited, yet extremely nervous. This could take me FOREVER. Once my bike hits an incline, it immediately goes to single digits and I'd rather throw it into the road to get run over and just run up the damn hill!! But I need to learn to love hills since CdA is hilly. I got freaked out that my nutrition needed some tweaking tonight. I used my once a week splurge meal for tonight and loaded up on chinese, my form of carbs. I have a full feeling that I haven't had since I've been on my strict Meredith diet, excuse me, healthy way of living in the past two weeks. I'm hoping tonight's larger dinner will help me to not die on Saturday.

Time: 5:30pm - 7:15pm
Location: T3
People: Dionn, Carrie, Vegas, Michelle, and Noah. These are the names I could remember and got to chat with.
Comments: Core was ok. There was one new exercise I haven't done before that was difficult. I'm proud to announce that I did the plank for one whole minute, 3 different times :) When I started, just 3 weeks ago, I couldn't do it for 30 seconds, so my core is getting stronger!!!

Spin class was TOUGH! I had to stop 3-4 times, only for a few seconds, but my legs were burning and I couldn't keep the cadence up to what Mo was telling us. I hate that wierd, uncomfortable feeling I get on the bike. It was the, "I'm not comfortable in my drops, I'm not comfortable upright, I'm not comfortable anywhere" position. It's like a get antsy and can't find the right spot... ugh! I know it will come with time in the saddle. I survived and did the whole workout and proud that I didn't detour home.

I do notice that I DO NOT have enough time to get everything done. I'm too tired from these evening workouts to wake up early to get to work early. I can't work late, because I have workouts to do. I can't do anything at home, because I'm only getting home with enough time to shove down dinner, shower, and get to bed. I only wake up with enough time to pack for the day's workout, dress for work and eat breakfast. It's a never ending cycle of never feeling fully rested. I wish I had 3 hours extra in each day... I miss watching tv. I miss feeling caught up at work. I even feel rushed on the phone with friends, because I only have enough time for myself to survive to the next day. It's 10:36, an hour and a half past when I've been passed out, and I'm EXHAUSTED.

Taking tomorrow OFF, going to bed early.. and looking forward to tackling the ride on Saturday. Please, please, please let me survive the full 50 miles. I can do this... I can do this... This might be my cycling Soulbuster that gets me through the Ironman. "I remember that first time I did the Dam loop, it was hard, but I made it." Here's to positive and wishful thinking :)

Good night :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm not comfortable in my drops, I'm not comfortable upright, I'm not comfortable anywhere" position. It's like a get antsy and can't find the right spot.

Are you absolutely positively sure that your bike fits?

Priscilla said...

I'm pretty sure. I got fitted at J&A a few months back and he did some major changes. Raised my seat about an inch and I got new pedals. It only happens when I think I get tired, or am being pushed out of my comfort zone, if that means anything.

Keith said...

Foho - I've been having that "not enough time" feeling and I'm only training for one event, not three. I think you're amazing for being able to hold to a three discipline training schedule at that level. Go out on Saturday and attack that ride just like you attacked the Rogue soulbusters and you'll get what you need out of it. - Keith

kirsten said...

I'm with Keith. I was a cyclist back in another century and all I can say about the hills is if you don't panic, fight the hills and let your breathing get out of control you will rock the hills. Sounds impossible but if you keep your breathing under control you will be fine. Remember to look at the picture. Ride your own ride, take the time to figure out what you are really good at on the bike - use that to your advantage and work on the rest a little at a time. You can do the 50 miler - for sure. I could share some really funny cycling stories with you but there is not enough space. If the ride was on Sunday, I'd ride along with you and entertain!!!

StephW said...

You can do it Foho!! Go Foho Go!!