Sunday, January 4, 2009

Weekend Update

Saturday

My last formal run with Rogue/Cookies. I got there right at 7am and found parking to be FULL!! Seemed like everyone and their mom was at freaking Rogue... pretty neat. The run was fun, and it didn't strike me till the end of it all that it was over. At least for 6 months. Mike has given me a new nickname, but I like Foho better. 16 miles, with no Garmin :) Pace was faster than normal in the beginning, but it felt good. I don't miss running hills. I will miss running with Rogue though :(

Adrian report

He got back from his Excruciation Exam II in Warda. He was to ride the trails in Warda, then ride on jeep trails to Rocky Hill, ride two laps then go back and ride one more at Warda. Total of 77 miles on a mountain bike. I'm so proud of him. He cut off 1:05 off his last years time!! Last year he finished 16th in his age group last year. This year he finished 16th overall, 4th in his age group. I can't wait to see what he does when tri season rolls around :)

Sunday

I took the day off since tomorrow is the first official day of CdA Ironman training. I met Steve at the T3 center for the 2pm kickoff meeting. It was nice to see a couple familiar faces. I saw a couple of Rogues and that was nice. I still can't believe the training starts tomorrow, ugh. My first official workout will be swimming at 5:30am. I napped most of the afternoon after a big breakfast till the meeting and now Adrian and I are just watching tv. Good weekend :)

3 comments:

erin said...

don't go to swim! did you see courtyard is closed? (check the forum)

messing with my schedule already! grrr! :)

kirsten said...

All right Adrian. I have ridden both courses on a MTB and while Warda's pretty easy, Rocky Hill is brutal. Can't say I could have done that race. I did ride to Shiner once on my MTB with knobbies (90 miles) - it was a lot of fun!

Priscilla said...

Thanks Erin, I totally would have showed up!! I'll go to the Lost Creek one in the evening, I have my Meredith Smack Down after work, she's going to attempt to whip me into nutritional shape :)

Kirsten - Yes, I'm very proud of my honey. He did all that in 5:39, he's become such a machine in this last year :)