Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tired, but Better :)

Well.. I didn't think before I posted this morning, which I teensy weeny bit regret, but not really :) I was stressed and I know I wanted to remember that moment cause I was REALLY irritated and upset when I sat down at my desk at work. Of course, I sat down and start blogging, instead of working, don't all bloggers do that??

I got a ton of responses, and I felt all warm and fuzzy that I actually have people that care, people that understand, and people that believe I can do this crazy thing called an Ironman. Before this training started, I sat my boyfriend down (who also competes in the tri's, marathons, and mountain biking events) and told him I needed for him to believe that I could do this. Well, this might be TMI, but I'm on my period and the emotional roller coaster was in full effect this morning. All I had to was complain to him at 6:45am, while he was dead asleep and all I got was a, "It's the first week and I'm already tired of hearing you complain about this!!" and I was in tears and stormed off mad to work, hence the venting blog. We had MANY talks leading up to this and he knows how much I LOVE my Rogue, my friends I've made in Rogue, and the pure joy I got out of the last Rogue experience. We went back and forth and he was actually leaning towards me continuing with Rogue and putting the Ironman on the back burner. Dee aka FOOL told me to make a pros and cons list and it came out that I need to try. If I register and waste $554.26 and not even try, I'd regret it. Sisson told me this same thing when I thought I was being all big and mighty at one of his office hours. Hilarious. I remember as if it were yesterday.

Sisson: You can't do both. It's too much, blah blah blah
Me: Are you telling me to choose? Then I choose Rogue, so there.

Didn't work. He was right. So now I'm in the beginning phases and it's just going to take a little more dedication at things I'm NOT good at, and I'm not talking about the swimming and biking. It's more of the organization, cleanliness, and preparedness. I got my meal plan from Meredith today, whoopie!! I went grocery shopping after work. I now have all my breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner foods for the next two weeks. Huge relief. I'm planning out the rest of my work clothes for the week, and the rest of my exercise clothes. I do need to clean out my car, but I'm going to procrastinate on that one :)

I'm blabbing too much here. In closing, Adrian said he'd take me to a pool and show me ALL the drills. Definite plus. He does support me, but it's really my fault (and my uterus) that I need to change my attitude (thank you, Amy!). This isn't going to be fun if I'm constantly complaining, I need to get over it, suck it up, and get it done.

So... pluses for the day - legs not sore at all from spin class, got a ton of work done after blogging this morning, and ready for the rest of the week.

Thank you friends for being so awesome. Next on the agenda, run a few miles while waiting for T3 to open for spin class, then core, then spin, then home to eat my healthy dinner and sleep :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job! Yeah, you'll feel much better once you get the organization under control. I get all out of whack when I'm unorganized too!

You're gonna kill this thing;-)

plain-jane said...

This is Jane from T3 - glad that you're getting organized. Not sure if you need to clean out your car 100%. I'm the forgetful type (especially at 5:00 AM), so I keep a bunch of spare stuff in my car:
- socks
- spare tubes / CO2 cartridges
- sweatshirt
- recovery powder
- electrolyte mix for track in the summer
- swimsuit
- towel